Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide

Options

Comments

• maggiann
    Options
    It was originally Home of Research, then Elite Shopping Forum then became Rewarded Opinions, but not sure which one. I had no problem until this last time. There is a site called Survey Police, where you can find out about survey sites and many people have said on there that suddenly they cannot get their rewards and their emails are unanswered...and the phone number is now answered by someone who doesn't give the name of the company when he answers the phone!
  • maggiann
    Options
    Hi marv, it was the second one on your list.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    edited 10 March 2017 at 1:00PM
    Options
    https://forum.surveypolice.com/index.php?/topic/5236-new-panel-iwadi/ regarded a similar posting on their forum to be spam.

Caution advised!

========================

Edit: This post related to spam which has now been removed.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Following on from my post above, I today received the following PM:-

regarding iWadi
    Dear Mr. Nick_C,

I am writing to you as a legal advisor of an owner of a research panel iWadi. It has come to our attention that on several forums, to include Money Expert and Survey Police, you have been placing posts that are damaging to our Company’s reputation as well as a reputation of a research panel that we owe, i.e. iWadi.

iWadi is a legitimate panel survey which is part of CINT AB group (https://www.cint.com). I believe that as an active member of forums where you provide information on various survey panels, you are aware what CINT is. If you have any doubts regarding legitimacy of iWadi, we will be happy to address them. Please be kind to address them to me. I will be happy to provide you with any information (that does not constitute the Company’s secret).

Considering the said, I kindly ask you to immediately remove the posts that are intended to discredit our Company as well as iWadi from all the forums where they have been posted. You have already been asked to remove the posts via Survey Police but we have not seen any positive action on your side.

Please be advised that it is our last request and if necessary, we shall undertake legal action to protect our name and reputation as well as prevent any unfair competition acts.

Kind regards,
    Malgorzata Lewandowska
    Attorney-at-law
  • nandrews
    nandrews Posts: 232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Looking at the forgoing, isn't it time we started looking at these various survey sites and getting some things sorted out?
    I have posted here before, trying to drum up support, maybe to approach Martin Lewis and get him to champion the cause. But it has before met with a resounding silence!
    I am sure many of you are unhappy with the way you are treated by these sites, when you volunteer to give them information to help their businesses. But they so often treat us with a casual disregard!
    Lets have a vote to get some action going.
    Nigel
  • Emmieuk
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

I am new to the MSE forums and looking to boost my income. I have joined Swagbucks and Prolific Academic (though they have no surveys for me at present).

What other sites do people use?

Any advice or tips?

Many thanks
  • snowy79
    snowy79 Posts: 242 Forumite
    Options
    Hi :)

Swagbucks doesn't pay that well for surveys when you compare to some other places. There are however loads of other ways to earn swagbucks so worth investigating the Swagbucks thread on here. I tend to do a survey on there if I am struggling to meet the daily goal, otherwise I don't really bother.

Prolific Academic is a good one that seems to pay well. I have been on there for just over a week and have £25 so far (with a few more studies waiting approval). You need to refresh the page regularly for this one as studies appear and fill up very quickly. As soon as you see one click to join and start it as soon as you can.

I tried my survey but seem to be having problems with them. Not sure if anyone else uses that one?? I joined and did a couple of surveys and then it just said my account was inactive. I have messaged them to see why but not heard anything back yet.

Last year I did Toluna but that really wasn't worth it (well not for me anyway). Seemed to take ages and ages to get enough to cash out so I got to that point and stopped.

One Poll is another one I am signed up to. Again I have been doing this one for just over a week and have about £6. You have to refresh the page several times a day to try and get surveys and they don't seem to appear that often. Also you need to get £40 before you can cash out which I think is quite high. Some people seem to like it others don't think it is worth it.

Good luck :D
  • Emmieuk
    Options
    Thank you this is most helpful :) Good luck to you too
  • daedal
    daedal Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't use swagbucks for surveys, unless they are short ones. You can earn enough to get £5 a month easily in a few mins a day from swagbucks by doing daily watch, daily poll etc, but if you are doing surveys they are generally too long for a little reward.

Panelbase.net and mintvine.com are two of my favourite ones.

If you want to do surveys via mobile, then sites like crowdology.co.uk and surveyeah.com are good, and they all use the cint app so you don't need different apps for each site. Both have a low £4 payout so really easy to get there.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    In addition to the ones posted above Surveybods is quite good and the surveys are easy on the eye, also valued opinions and globaltestmarket will send lots of invites but be prepared for getting screened out of a fair few. It's all about demographics where surveys are concerned and some work much better for some than others.

ETA - ones I don't think are worth bothering with are Mysurvey , Toluna and Ipoll.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback