We are SO proud of you...

Options
Guys, you're famous. Broadly (Vice) has written an article on you.

Some quotes we just have to highlight... as if we didn't love you all already, we are so, so proud of you as a community and your team spirit...
Members of the Competitions Time forum are some of the cheeriest people you'll meet online.
And in a world where trolls and Pepe memes have ruined almost every online space, it might be one of the few positive and friendly corners of the internet left.
Competitions Time feels like stepping back in time to the early halcyon days of the World Wide Web, when all you had to worry about were internet stalkers and the dial-up modem cutting out if your friend called you at home after school. A place on the internet where people are actually nice, and you can also win money or a ski holiday? I could get behind this.
Every person I spoke to commented on the unusual friendliness of the board, which seems hugely counterintuitive given that every comper is engaged in the furious pursuit of competition winnings. It's even weirder when you consider that the lifeblood of the community depends on individual members posting links to contests for other people to enter.

Read the full article:

There's an Entire Internet Subculture Devoted to Winning Online Competitions

Thank you, our lovely Comping board members, you're all stars! I've deliberately posted this in here to reach as many compers as possible so you all know how fab we think you are :T:T
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories