Options
2»

Comments

• Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    malkie76 wrote: »
    This is just yet again another unfair, indefensible progressive tax.

Why should anyone pay additional tax because they wish to pay more for a better service ? Why should HMRC be rewarded for that?

I suppose it is a bit like Robin Hood, where is the profit in robbing the poor,more money made by targeting the rich:rotfl:
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I do think that they should look at the divide as to when the double APD kicks in.

I personally think Premium Economy should have APD levied at the same rate as Economy. The divide for the higher APD should only apply for Business Class, First Class or private flights overseas in business jets.

Someone who is travelling say one a year on a TUI or Thomas Cook flight to Orlando in their Premium cabin should not (at least in my opinion) be charged the same tax as a business traveller who flys regularly in Club World or First Class to Miami.
  • JaneB*
    Options
    Airlines are writing their own cheques. Flights to the Caribbean for some wintersun £1000plus but on top of that you are only allowed one case and have to pay £65 for an extra bag. Flights to Africa and India way cheaper but they are allowed two bags concession. BA and Virgin you need to be fair.
  • leylandsunaddict
    Options
    JaneB* wrote: »
    Airlines are writing their own cheques. Flights to the Caribbean for some wintersun £1000plus but on top of that you are only allowed one case and have to pay £65 for an extra bag. Flights to Africa and India way cheaper but they are allowed two bags concession. BA and Virgin you need to be fair.

Surely the price depends on route and date and of course prices will be higher this winter if booking now, because there will be less availability and the cheaper fare buckets will be empty. 23kg checked luggage is plenty for me for a 2/3 week holiday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure