Infinis energy ipo

Options

Comments

• Wire
    Wire Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    This link at Euro Week says that the IPO reached its target

I invested 1K and I have two reasons to believe that the share price will rise.

1)The IPO is only available for UK residents. There are many cash hungry investors in the USA who couldn't buy into this whilst it was under wraps.

2) In my own experience of investing in unit trusts, 4% dividend is about as high a it gets. So if someone is offering up to 7% I believe the market will react so that the share price rises and the dividend is now a 4 % dividend

That's exactly what I predicted with Royal Mail, which never even had a track record of paying a 6% dividend yet 'promised' it.
    So how wrong can you go with a company that has good cash flow and a good track record of delivering a dividend to its private investors?
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I know they are diversifying into wind and hydro but the historic and still probably core generation is from landfill gas. Land filling rates are dropping rapidly and gas generation rates drop over a relatively short timespan, so another reason to offload now, with or without subsidy, as they are at or near peak production. Similar to some gas or oil companies potentially, how much is detailed on their reserves or prospective future generation in the near future?
  • Wire
    Wire Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Terra Firma are not selling the whole of Infinis. They're selling 30 to 40 %

So Guy Hands isn't exactly dropping this project due to poor future forecasts
  • M00nie_2
    Options
    I don't think Guy Hands could have offloaded much more without it looking a bit suspect.
  • Gaaraz
    Gaaraz Posts: 136 Forumite
    edited 14 November 2013 at 11:47AM
    Options
    How are you guys getting in on this? I can't see anything that lets me buy on the HL site (not yet anyway)

(edit) "Applications for the Infinis Energy PLC Share Offer are now closed. We are no longer able to accept applications to purchase Infinis Energy PLC shares in the Offer."

Nooooooooooooooooooo!
  • srcandas
    srcandas Posts: 1,241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gaaraz wrote: »
    How are you guys getting in on this? I can't see anything that lets me buy on the HL site (not yet anyway)

You are too late I'm afraid. Offer closed at 5pm yesterday. HL will update what has been bought at 7am tomorrow.

It is true HL do not over push IPOs. Best to use the website search, as opposed to investment search tool, and enter IPO.

Sorry you missed it but you never know it might be a good thing ;)
    I believe past performance is a good guide to future performance :beer:
  • Gaaraz
    Options
    Thank you, it's a little dissapointing but being honest I know very little about the company - I was mostly buying just on the back of a couple of articles I read, along with the fact I'm a huge fan of renewable energy (I have shares in SolarCity and SunPower too) - like you said it could turn out to be a good thing, but eventually I'd like to have shares in Infinis
  • Jegersmart
    Jegersmart Posts: 1,158 Forumite
    Options
    Gaaraz wrote: »
    Thank you, it's a little dissapointing but being honest I know very little about the company - I was mostly buying just on the back of a couple of articles I read, along with the fact I'm a huge fan of renewable energy (I have shares in SolarCity and SunPower too) - like you said it could turn out to be a good thing, but eventually I'd like to have shares in Infinis

You can buy mine on Monday at £4.75 per share? I may give a discount of you can buy (and I have been allocated) more than 5k shares.

Let me know.

;)

J
  • Gaaraz
    Options
    Thanks, but I think I'll just hold out and see what happens with the price and buy through HL :)
  • srcandas
    srcandas Posts: 1,241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just for a bit of fun for anyone with time to kill predict the conditional share price (sell) at 9am 15th Nov (I'll take the price from HL by getting a sell quote at as near to 9 am as possible and post it here.

I'll go £3.23 :)
    I believe past performance is a good guide to future performance :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family