IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP Not Parked Correctly within markings of bay space

Options
Hello I parked outside the lines in the ncp car park because to park within the lines would mean the vehicle next to me would not be able to get into their vehicle without potential damage to my car. On returning to the car park I had a parking charge. I must point out there is no signage about the parking outside the lines on the floor or other floors. The only signs I could see is a large board(small print) as you take your ticket on entering the car park. Since then Ive been sent numerous letter now from ZZPS who say they will take to solicitor if no payment. The current charge is now £160. Any ideas how should handle this situation? My arguement is there was no signage on the floor to warn people that they are breaking the car park rule. what should I do? Im nervous about ignoring the letters?

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm assuming you didn't appeal the original PCN stuck on the car, or ignored the NTK (Notice to Keeper) that came through the post. Please confirm this.

Ignoring has not been advised here since the law changed in 2012.

Please read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES. This explains why it is safe to ignore powerless debt collectors.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    For posterity you might want to get time-stamped photos of the signage at the car park. While NCP are not currently litigious in England and Wales (they're just starting to poke their head above the parapet in Scotland), they do have the balance of 6 years to pursue this. It's no good going for photos in 5 years time! :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,039 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 February 2017 at 5:15PM
    Options
    The current charge is not £160, you have obviously got to the debt collectors stage and they have slapped on their £60 charge for the sport of scaring you with silly ignorable scrap paper.

ZZPS are lying they will not talk to a solicitor, a solicitor could only act on instruction from the PPC or landowner and the silly debt collector will be out of the loop.

What ever you do don't pay them or communicate with them.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Write to the PPC asking them what the extra £60 is for. It will cost them money to reply, and their reply can be used against them if it gets to court.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Write to the PPC asking them what the extra £60 is for. It will cost them money to reply, and their reply can be used against them if it gets to court.
    It's generally the advice here not to raise your head at all by contacting the ppc during the debt collector stage.
  • hvenable68
    Options
    Hi thanks for responding. I did not appeal the pcn I just ignored it. I read all sorts of threads most said Ignore!
  • hvenable68
    Options
    Unfortunately I did respond to ZZPS debt collectors by email asking for evidence of the alleged infringement and pointed out the lack of signage in the NCP car park as their no signs on any levels or at the pay station etc There is only a sign in tiny print as you drive into car park to take a ticket and photos with a date stamp has been taken. I have looked at threads and thanks to all those who have tried to help/advise. I will update this thread to keep all in the loop for future reference. I see that poplar code could be the next response should the collectors become unreasonable.
  • Fruitcake
    edited 9 February 2017 at 5:23PM
    Options
    hvenable68 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I did respond to ZZPS debt collectors by email asking for evidence of the alleged infringement and pointed out the lack of signage in the NCP car park as their no signs on any levels or at the pay station etc There is only a sign in tiny print as you drive into car park to take a ticket and photos with a date stamp has been taken. I have looked at threads and thanks to all those who have tried to help/advise. I will update this thread to keep all in the loop for future reference. I see that poplar code could be the next response should the collectors become unreasonable.

Since you have missed the initial appeal deadline to NCP there is now no chance for a PoPLA appeal. You can't appeal to PoPLA without a PoPLA code and you can't get one of those if you haven't appealed to the parking scammers in the first place, and you are too late to do that.

All you will get from the debt collectors is free but poor quality bog paper. Ignore everything and anything you get from the debt crawlers, and never, ever, ever, eve, ever, contact them, ever.

In case NCP try court in the next six years, get pics of the signs at the entrance and around the car park.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,039 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

If you are at debt collection stage that boat has sailed, and debt collectors are only interested in money skimming they won't be interested in anything to do with what happened on the day or signage.
  • Fruitcake
    Options
    Hi thanks for responding. I did not appeal the pcn I just ignored it. I read all sorts of threads most said Ignore!

You won't see advice to ignore on this forum. You know where to come, and send friends and family if it happens again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business