PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2017 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• PollyWollyDoodle
    Options
    Oh Charly, big hugs go out to you. No words help, it does get better as time goes by but it takes a long time. So sorry to hear it.
    Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,987 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 September 2017 at 7:20AM
    Options
    Charly & Pooky, so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved pets, they are more than animals, they are family and we feel their loss as much as our human family.

Mila, good to see you back, haven't seen you post for a while.

Kittie, I did wonder if we could be cutting fruiting buds off, but the year we didn't cut the tree back we got no more fruit than the previous year so I don't think that it's that. We used to have another apple tree and got more fruit when we had that one, so I think it's a polination issue. TBH we only have the tree as it was here when we moved in and it provides a bit of privacy cover from the footpath behind. If I want apples I can always buy them (they're only cookers anyway), or sometimes a chap across the road gives us some of his. We give him some of our pears. Today I will probably be making pear and blackberry crumble!
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    MM, yes and I think that it would do any restless soul good to have a good browse through rightmove, then look at the satellite picture and see what the EA photo missed on purpose. I looked back at my adult roots, I lived two miles from a small market town in s wales and loved it there but the ideal would have been to be to live in the town/ large village.rightmove example: terraced, re-vamped, 3 small bed, large clinical kitchen, bedrooms with low ceilings and a clinical living room with a door straight onto the road and masses of traffic fumes. Over 530k, I nearly choked on my drink. Not a cat in hells chance for any youngsters to live there, so a future wealthy oap ghetto in the making

I am looking out my window now and watching the laden apple tree branches swaying in the breeze and there is a sheep looking in

It is a carp indoors day, so I will make some effort to sort a cupboard or two, I can`t be spending my whole day pottering with hobby stuff, listening to the radio. Must do some `work`
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Pooky wrote: »
    Charly, so sorry x I know just how you feel as we had to make one of those very adult decisions yesterday at the vets with one of the most brutish, soppy, thuggy, softie cats we've ever had the pleasure to know. He had a wonderful life with us and will leave the biggest hole.
    Charly27 wrote: »
    August ended with us saying goodbye to our lovely collie cross rescue dog Charly. [she was the inspiration behind my name on here]
    I can't believe how much of a hole that girl has left behind her. DH is reeling too. Our lives for the last for the last 11 1/2 have her routines entwined through and around them. All four of our children have left the nest - although they pop in and out for varying sojourns- and we never had children together. So that crazy hound was ours.
    I can't bear to walk in the house, it feels so empty. This morning I hardly knew what to do with myself.

I'm sorry to you both.xxx

I have had to have 2 of my cats put to sleep in the past three months, it was so hard but they were both very ill and not getting any better.:(
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I meant to post this here.

Typical! My husband is a lot more hoarder-like than I am and he chose to keep his old stereo instead of getting a new one. I said to him that I bet when he gets it out of storage that it won't even work. He tried to get it to work yesterday and it is broken in some way!:mad: It is from the 1990s and is huge, it has been taking up about half a cupboard to store it along with the giant speakers. He now wants to try and fix it rather than buying a new smaller one.

So annoying.:rotfl:
  • Ellidee
    Ellidee Posts: 6,216 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. William James
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear about those of you that have lost much loved furry family members :(
    Must use my stash up!
  • Charly27
    Charly27 Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Can I just say a big thanks to all of you for being so understanding about Charly dog and so sorry for Pooky and Wednesday too. DH and I are rattling around in the house at the moment but trying to get through and get ready for work tomorrow as well. We're both still a bit choked at the moment so patting each other for any little jobs completed, ironing (he did that whilst watching GP), mowing our little lawn (4 baskets of grass) lord knows what Lottie will be like! We've planned meals and shopped. Baby steps xxx
    ‘One of our greatest freedoms is how we react to things’ said Mole.Cross stitch cafe WIP ‘The Best is yet to come’ Emma Congham & ‘A Year in the Life of’ HSC. TaDa Welcome
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So sorry Charly, Pooky and Wednesday, life will seem very empty for you for a while.

Unexpectedly kondo'd a pair of 'laptop' glasses to the bin today, I've had them for years and the leg fell off today. Good job I have spares (£2 from Primani).

All the glass jars have been filled with jam, chutney and onion marmalade today, seems better to see them filled with something rather than laying empty.
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :) Just kondo'd a couple of hours chatting around a mate's and took two niggly little hand-sewing jobs with me to do. One of which has been waiting for weeks, one since last weekend. Both now done, put away, and the sewing supplies put away. Feeling happy.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills