Comments

• onlyroz
    onlyroz Posts: 17,661 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I recommend the Lamaze toys.
  • lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hazel1910 wrote: »
    Tbh, I went stupid buying big and expensive presents for both of my boys, things that were opened and hardly ever played. They sat on shelves collecting dust for ages before I ended up donating them to the charity shop.
    The boys and I got more joy out of sharing books together. I had a daily routine of reading books with the boys from a really early age, in the bath, before bed, instead of watching TV. I have to say I could almost repeat some of the Thomas the Tank Engine books by heart the amount of times I had to "read it again!" (p.s. my favourite book was Billy's Bucket... "There was buckets of buckets at Buckets are Us!"
    Have a look in the charity shops for prezzies, have any friends got stuff they don't want anymore?, tiddly peeps do not care for the cost of a present or where it came from.
    Spend small and put the rest into a savings account.

Hear, hear! I agree, you can't go wrong with books (also nice to teethe on).

I still have our former favourites on the mantle in my bedroom (he's 33!). They are The Little Engine that Could and this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Over-Meadow-Nursery-Counting-Little/dp/0307681416

"Over in the meadow in the sand in the sun lived an old mother duck and her little duckling one. Quack said the mother! I quack said the one! And they quacked all day in the and in the sun." (may have this slightly wrong!)

Both are brilliant, unforgetable books.
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • byuanbay
    Options
    In my opinion, you can bought some soft music toys. I once bought my son some toys which can play nice music and he loves it. Maybe you can have a try. I like fisher ones, but it is expensive and he just feels like toys for several days. I don't want to cost much on it.
  • Bordeuax
    Bordeuax Posts: 298 Forumite
    Options
    A
    Baby Crib Mobile that hangs from the ceiling was a great present.
  • Craftingmama01
    Options
    Miriad do some lovely wooden toys
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills