PIP just sitting in my bank

Options
2»

Comments

• Prinzessilein
    Options
    Stop_Watch wrote: »
    maybe there should be! Better to scrap it all together and base it on need!

We are talking about PiP...which IS based on need!

If you look at the application form, it I basically a list of criteria for which points are given...It is based on your care and mobility needs.

Perhaps you want it to be means tested? So based on financial need - rather than care/mobility? This would penalise far too many people...someone may work full time but still have PiP...are you suggesting they are means tested and denied their PiP payments? ..this would unfairly discriminate against them.

If the OP is 17 there is a good chance that the original claim was made by their mother...possibly as a DLA (Disability Living Allowance) claim....Presumably the money originally went to the mother who used it for any relevant needs...as the OP is now 17 and living at home, I am wondering why (and to an extent IF) the mother is now giving the whole PiP payment to the OP, basically as pocket money....it would be much better for the mother to keep the money and use it for the extra needs..
  • bigbulldog
    Options
    This thread should not be allowed to continue as its just bragging and totally unfair to the genuine members on here trying to get pip or transferred from dla to pip.

Also

If he has got that amount in his account from pip why has he left it months before posting about whether he allowed to or not.
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    oncww rgw OP reaches 18 rgwb xgild benefit and child support will stop and they will need to claim either JSA or ESA as an adult.

then the savings will [revent any payment of these benefits.

do mum will lose money and the OP will have PIP to live on, all the time while mum is wanting help towards the bills.

the OP will have a short sharp shock and normality will resume ;)
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,489 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    nannytone, is there a problem with your keyboard? The last couple of posts have contained loads of gibberish amongst the normally helpful information.
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    nannytone, is there a problem with your keyboard? The last couple of posts have contained loads of gibberish amongst the normally helpful information.

Nannytone's blind. I think sometimes here fingers aren't properly centred on the keyboard so there's a lot of typos.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    TELLIT01 wrote: »

the keyboard is fine, it is my typing that is suspect ;)
    if i start in the wrong place is gets more and more indecipherable ;)

just consider it a cryptic puzzle to be solved ;)
  • trigger_fish
    trigger_fish Posts: 3,172 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    45002 wrote: »
    This is true.

Just thinking of all those people struggling to claim/ renewal there claims for benefits, going to appeals, getting into debt, loosing there homes, having to use food banks and so on.....

:mad:

Nothing really to do with it.

Just the excuse to cut.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills