Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Went out and used all my free cokes from my 1st AP, bought seperately one at a time through SS, six at a time. Got 29 now :D

All worked ok.

Already worring that MS expire April LOL.

Also got 3 de icers from Halfjords
    Stll need to get free cans o' pop from WHSmyths

Now festive period over looking forward to more freebies, O3 promise the free coughees are coming back Tuesday And WonTwo say in "coming soon" that dominoes.

I spent a total of 60p on haribos and got £10 meal and £3 Greggsies.

I am planning and going out for a breakfast for two when visiting relatives in a few weeks at a Harvester using my £10 voucher. 2 all in breakfasts without the drinks (water will do) £13.98 less AA discount (20%) = £11.18, less £10 voucher = cost to me £1.18

Have you noticed BH that at the top of the voucher it says expires 30/4 but under 'how to redeem' it says expires 31 jul 2018.

Good evening Elite.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    What was the M comp. on this shop? TIA.

Yes it was.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,968 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Car insurance. Last year 291 less 26 cashback = 265. This year renewal quote is 297 but search engines are coming back with £525 cheapest. Current provider won't even provide a quote. What is going on?

Doesn't seem unreasonable.
    michaels wrote: »

It is our second car, we only do less than 2k miles a year in it, it is worth less than 1500, we have 10 years ncd, one non-fault accident each in the last 5 years and live in a safe area and we are being quoted 30p mile for insurance :eek:

The answer is to increase your mileage. Doubling it to 4k would halve the insurance cost to 15p / mile. :rotfl:

Seriously, you do hear stories of very low mileages increasing premiums.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • braveheart60uk
    Options
    pacifica9 wrote: »
    Have you noticed BH that at the top of the voucher it says expires 30/4 but under 'how to redeem' it says expires 31 jul 2018.

Good evening Elite.

Mine is the basic AP, mot HSBC, still says 30 April 2018, Greggsie is 31/7/18
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 January 2018 at 8:37PM
    Options
    abailey54 wrote: »
    Not yet bubbs ;):rotfl:

I already claim but there’s something about getting reduced maternity pay to the amount of the salary sacrifice - Maybe I might be able to cancel them for the relevant 2 months and then reinstate them, but I’m skeptical that they’d let you do that without throwing down a few hurdles

That sounds interesting, I might see if dh can get something similar- thanks
    Keep practising:rotfl::rotfl: is it dd's birthday tomorrow?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • cloz
    cloz Posts: 308 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Evening all, if anyone is passing Mr Shoes its worth checking the clearance section. Have been into two stores recently and found some heavily discounted items
    i.e http://www.boots.com/soap-and-glory-bright-and-beautiful-6-in-1-energising-radiance-serum-10197015
    was down to £1.25 and still went through as buy one get one half price.
    Chocolate always makes me feel better!
  • pacifica9
    Options
    Mine is the basic AP, mot HSBC, still says 30 April 2018, Greggsie is 31/7/18

Mine is not HSBC either - coke ones say 30 April in 'how to redeem' but £3 & £5 ones say 31 July (even though shown as 30/4 in top corner). Is it just me?
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • braveheart60uk
    Options
    pacifica9 wrote: »
    Mine is not HSBC either - coke ones say 30 April in 'how to redeem' but £3 & £5 ones say 31 July (even though shown as 30/4 in top corner). Is it just me?
    You are right, only the coke is April, money ones are July :j
  • jacand
    jacand Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Lost £20 of APG vouchers, they were showing expire 06/01 and I had planned on using them tonight to place an order. Now I'm not sure whether to ring and complain and risk flagging my account or just take the hit. What would the Elite do?
  • pacifica9
    Options
    You are right, only the coke is April, money ones are July :j

Which would seem to make more sense as all other vouchers (excl cokes) expire 31/7.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure