Completion Certificate

Options
Hi Everyone

Just a quick query on how long I should leave making my last payment before chasing up the completion certificate. I made my last payment at the end of May, received a 'final statement' saying everything was in order a couple of months ago and a letter from Equity In Finance this week chasing up RBS (presumably for PPI). I signed am amendment earlier this year that the IVA would be closed regardless of outstanding PPI provided all other requirements were satisfied. As far as I am aware they are - DFD have not told me otherwise. Would you be chasing the certificate yet - been 5 months since last payment?

Comments

• longtermplanner
    Options
    I don't think there is a set time that an IVA firm has to follow, but I would certainly be getting pretty cross at 5 months. I think we've seen cases here where someone has kicked their IVA firm into action by putting in a formal complaint, so I suggest you do that: http://www.debtfreedirect.co.uk/complaints/
  • althas
    althas Posts: 410 Forumite
    Options
    I got mine in 2 months, I have heard of people taking over 2 years because of PPI claims

I would have allowed a couple of months, as they need to do a final report, then be calling them daily
    There are 10 kinds of people that understand binary
    Those that do
    Those that dont
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • longtermplanner
    Options
    It seems that the regulators are now taking an interest if the certificate is delayed over 6 months: http://debtcamel.co.uk/iva-completion-certificate/
  • 22cuddles
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I've put in an enquiry to DFD. Giving them until the end of the month to respond and if no/unsatisfactory response by then it'll be an official complaint.
  • Tony72
    Options
    22cuddles wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I've put in an enquiry to DFD. Giving them until the end of the month to respond and if no/unsatisfactory response by then it'll be an official complaint.

Complain now because it does work :) We had the same issues with DFD having made our final payment in January of this year but still no certificate. We were initially told it would take around 6 months to be done but after this had expired they then said they couldn't give timescales; basically telling us to stop ringing and wait! A complaint was eventually logged but only after 2 previous failed attempts due to their call centre agents not understanding fca complaint handling guidelines. Eventually, after being sick and tired of being fobbed off I emailed the CEO of DFD and low and behold, within 12hours, I receive a call from a manager telling me that we will have the certificate via email today and the hard copy to follow. Never in the 20 years of working in the financial sector have I ever come across incompetence and down right disregard for a customer.
  • tamiami
    tamiami Posts: 537 Forumite
    Options
    My IVA finished in Sept 2013. I emailed and asked for completion certificate in June 2014 and was told it takes up to 6 months. I emailed back pointing out that it had now been 9 months and they replied saying I would get it in 10 days - which I did.

You have to hassle them a bit it seems, but worked for me.
  • SPELLKASTER
    Options
    Tony72 wrote: »
    Complain now because it does work :) We had the same issues with DFD having made our final payment in January of this year but still no certificate. We were initially told it would take around 6 months to be done but after this had expired they then said they couldn't give timescales; basically telling us to stop ringing and wait! A complaint was eventually logged but only after 2 previous failed attempts due to their call centre agents not understanding fca complaint handling guidelines. Eventually, after being sick and tired of being fobbed off I emailed the CEO of DFD and low and behold, within 12hours, I receive a call from a manager telling me that we will have the certificate via email today and the hard copy to follow. Never in the 20 years of working in the financial sector have I ever come across incompetence and down right disregard for a customer.

Can you please give me their email address so I can contact them direct?
  • DorisTrousers
    Options
    I would encourage Debt Camel, whoever he or she is, to take another look at the content of the link as it could be considered factually incorrect. The second bullet point is not necessarily correct. I am aware that there may be differing viewpoints on this, so it may depend upon your I.P. but here is a link that seems to make sense on that, and as it comes from a well respected I.P. who sits on the IVA standing committee as well as being chairman of the DRF it is to be hoped that other firms are following suit http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56568
  • longtermplanner
    Options
    cuddles22 would presumably be a lot happier if DFD were to say they adopted that policy!
  • 22cuddles
    22cuddles Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options
    Finally heard back - it's with the closures team apparently although they're claiming they're missing info on the rate of tax I pay although they sent me a request for that several months ago which I sent back by return post. Anyway, if I've heard nothing further by the end of the first ffull week of January it'll be time for an official complaint.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure