We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

10p Seeds at Wilkinsons - AGM Varieties!!!

Options
Hiya

I put this on the moneysaving board but feel it needs to be bumped because wilko are virtually giving these away.

I bought 20 packs of veg and herb seeds for next year last night at 10p a pack. Yes they have lots of seeds at 60p 80p £1 - but this included the red packet AGM varieties that were over £2 to buy like

Runner Bean - Equator - 3.15 for 45 seeds (exp 2014 but keep cool and dark for 10p)
Pea - vixen - 2.75 for 300 seeds (exp 2015)
Kale - Reflex - 2.55 for 50 seeds (exp 2015)
Brussels - Bosworth - 30 seeds (exp 2015)
Tomato - Ferline F1 - 2.35 (10 seeds 2015)
Onion Santero F1 - 2.35 100 seeds (exp 2015)

Honestly when I got home I couldn't believe it and got over £35 pounds worth of seeds for £2 - YOU MUST GO!!!

Also module trays pack of 3 for 20p (24 cell and 40 cell
The long plastic window sill propagators for 75p
and loads more
This was the Sheffield City Centre Store but I'm guessing end of season as usual - they want to get rid for Chrimbo!

Thanks

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,229 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks, will pop in tomorrow, I use the reductions to try varieties I have not grown before. I Just hope my local store has the same redutions
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My store didn't have seeds but they had the module trays, windowsill propagators and gravel trays for 10p :j
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I got some bargains today. Can't believe 8 full packets of seeds in a box for 20p wish I got the last remaining one now

DSC02139.jpg

I also got some packets of seeds for 30p each not many left and little choice

DSC02140.jpg

I also got two white clay half moon pots quite heavy for £1 each to put on the wall of the house

If you want any bargains don't delay they will be gone soon
  • Air_Cooled_75
    Options
    I have also gone a bit mental, I'm too ashamed to confess to how many packets I actually bought...

I will be passing some on to my SIL as they don't have a Wilko nearby.

I couldn't believe the prices in there today though. Cloche pegs, 1p a bundle. Pot saucers 5p for a pack of 5, this has probably been the best year for reductions, they didn't even bother with the 75% off thing. I did notice there was a whole section of 3 for 2 seeds further down the aisle, still full price, I wonder what they will do with them.

Happy sowing in 2015 and beyond :)
  • Slubberd
    Slubberd Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    I have also gone a bit mental, I'm too ashamed to confess to how many packets I actually bought...

Your in good company...:embarasse

I was so excited when I got home!!!

Just bought a couple of slug traps and a soaker house in Poundland today too....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure