PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Options

Comments

• moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Agree with Softstuff.

I think Hester and Elona got the worst of it - in Elona's case still ongoing...:(

Hester - I'm surprised you didnt have a suitable whip to hand when Bernie came a'callin:rotfl:. That would have had your name circulating at the local nick for some time:rotfl:.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Unfortunately MTSTM all my toys were still packed away!
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    HESTER I am also a di☆☆ Head magnet, they literally flock to me to tell me their woes:rotfl::rotfl:
    I am also a respectable staffy Mummy, as you know, n hate the bad rep our babies get, due to a few idiots :mad:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    Staffy grandma here Candy, so I agree, I also love Rotties, I'll pass on the shepherds though unless I know them well as I've been bitten twice by them and once by a Lassie type collie, oh and been bitten many times by many cats.
    And before you all wonder how I managed to get bitten so many times, I worked in a vets in my teens.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Options
    Just heard cries of "Oh dear! Oh no!" from OH who was in the kitchen and went rushing out there to find out what on earth had happened.

It was all right though - he'd gone to empty the washing machine and saw the dosing ball of laundry liquid still sitting on the draining board (never happened to him before as he usually uses powder detergent).

I managed to persuade him that there would have been enough residual detergent in the machine to wash his clothes :D
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Never mind - think we've all done that one before now.

Today's washing machine incident was that, when I opened the door of the machine to take my wash out again, out tumbled a potato with it.

Hmm...so I've got one very clean potato right now - but I thought I'd throw it out anyway (despite it being eco-friendly detergent).:cool:

Dont know just how that spud had gone from being one solitary leftover one on the worksurface to getting into the washing machine somehow:cool:
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    About a week into our new washing machine I set it going forgetting to close the detergent drawer. Hubby walked in to a foam party.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • Softstuff
    Options
    Wondering if anyone can help me please. Dealing with my bio-fathers estate....

Have ordered a copy of my uk birth certificate to be sent to my mum (from there I'm getting a solicitor to deal with it, you'll see why in a mo). Mum has received the birth cert. and says it's just a crappy photocopy in black and white. Now, from what I google, the birth cert. copy is just a black and white sheet anyway, can anyone confirm?

I can't see it for myself and run the risk of costing more money at the solicitors if it's wrong.

Mum seems to enjoy creating stressful situations and if she hasn't "accidentally" lost this, my 1st marriage certificate or my decree absolute before she makes it into my solicitor I'd be astounded. :(
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    Options
    softstuff A copy of your birth certificate should look like the original. It certainly is not a photocopy. A photocopy probably won't do.

There are a lot of companies that masquerade as the registry office and they are not. Make sure it is the right one. If someone has had one recently can they say as I have not had a copy recently.

Can I help?
  • Softstuff
    Options
    Thanks NurseMaggie, I'm sure it isn't actually a photocopy, I think it's just a black and white sheet though and mum is scaremongering. I ordered it from the GRO, so know it was all ordered correctly.

Stupidly enough though, I've made it to this age, done immigration in 2 countries, changed citizenship and only ever had an extract, never the full one.

A whisky in hand, I'm thinking the best plan is just to let mum take whatever it is into the solicitor and I'll pay to sort it out. I'd already decided to get the solicitor to deal with the apostilles and get it all sent to my fathers widow, because I knew mum couldn't handle that, I guess I should have had them sort the certificates out too.

And thanks for your offer of help. This is all just a stupid situation I shouldn't have to deal with that is likely just to be costing me money. Still, I have a glass with a little single malt, so all will be well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport