Options

Comments

• k1rkyc
    k1rkyc Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,

I hope someone can help.

I've had a Lloyds TSB current account for the best part of 20 years. Last year, I swapped to A&L as they were offering £100 cashback and I needed the money at the time!!

Recently, I have started using my Lloyds account again and by mistake - went £66 over my agreed £100 overdraft limit.

I wasn't aware of overdraft charges with Lloyds as A&L gave me a free £800 one.

Anyway, 5th Feb is when I went overdrawn, and I received a letter yesterday telling me that they were going to charge me an initial £15 for going over, and a further £15 a day until I paid it off!!!!

I have called the head office and been into the branch, but they say that as I haven't used my account for a while, and as I didn't have an agreed OD limit to cover my spending,..... there's nothing they can do, and I now have to pay £90 :(

Is there anything I can do or am I up a creek without a paddle? :(

Thanks in advance :)
  • mickeyfinn1
    Options
    I have 5 claims which have been stayed, they cost altogether about £1100 to register then online, as nothing is happening am I able to get my money back, I really could do with it.
  • sianysian69
    Options
    Good evening

I had a letter from HSBC on 18th December 2009 after my original complaint from July 2007 has been on hold. Value - £2982.38

The letter says i've got 8 weeks to raise my concerns "if I believe my charges are unfair on grounds other than the level of the charges"

It says that I need to write to:

The Senior Manager
    Service Quality Team
    HSBC Bank Plc
    Arlington Business Centre
    Millshaw Park Lane
    Leeds
    LS11 0PP

Am i right in thinking that I need to still contact the financial ombudsman (as per guide), and send them a copy too?

If not, what do I send to this senior manager?

Any help gratefully received.

Sian

Hi again
    Can anyone advise me on this, i dont have long until my 8 weeks is up :(

Sian
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi folks,

Thanks for all the inspiring stories

To those asking questions all the answers to the ones above are in the http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/bank-charges article

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Marsdendean
    Options
    Had similar letter saying that they were not refunding any charges due to the ruling and now have 8 weeks to complain, other wise it will be closed.

Can i do anything more since i apllied under hardship grounds? Only have around 5 weeks to complain now as i have been away.

Thanks a lot
  • Redrage
    Options
    Having sent in an amended letter of complaint, I received a letter from Bank of Scotland today, that outright refuses to budge and makes no attempt to offer an explanation of the fees and how they are handled, other than to state that they feel they are fair.

Does anyone have any advice to offer about what I should do next? I was planning to write to the FOS. I have perviously done so regarding hardship but they felt that because I was not defaulting I was not in hardship, despite having returned to full time education and only managing to repay by good use of a student overdraft and student loan! Can I still write to them or have I no choce but to try court???

Thanks for any advice you can offer.
  • chillxxx
    Options
    I think you need to write back a long the lines of Without Predjudice, inorder for myself to take an informed decision concerning future action concerning these charges please give a concise and detailed response to the agruments I have set ofrward in my previous letter.

Given them 14 days to respond, ultimately using the simple response "we still think these charges are fair" is an extremely poor response and I would have expected a bank to generate a more concise auto response.

Give them 14 days to respond then go to the FOS, if they don't give a more detaield response they could be weakening there agrument. If they don't respond at all it will make it more favourable to your self.
  • thainstone
    Options
    Hi Martin
    I have asked for help with the new template letters as i don't know which it to use.
    Can you please help as just telling me to look at the help pages doesn't help me as i have aleady gone to the new templates and i don't understand what to do next and i don't want to muck it up
    Sorry
    Thainstone
  • pool-hustler
    Options
    I spoke to Natwest today and they said claimers have no chance any more.
    She said the court case means they don't have to pay the charges!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback