PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Christmas 16 mega index/christmas chat!!!

Options

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 5 October 2016 at 7:58AM
    Options
    freyasmum wrote: »
    That sounds delicious; will you melt more dark chocolate over them?
    It is as simple as melting chocolate down and adding ingredients. Toasted nuts and rice crispies work particularly well, judging by the rate of consumption! That tends to be a slab job, rather than moulds. If I'm using moulds, filling 2/3 with melted chocolate and then gently pushing a roasted hazelnut into each compartment gives a good result.

For the mints I'll wait until the chocolate has cooled down before mixing, otherwise the crystals will just melt. A bit of crunch would be nice.

Loving the Baileys fudge recipe. Am happy to expand my sweet-making repertoire now that I am in no danger of consuming it myself!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    This weekend I received proof that Jesus loves me: I picked up a silicone chocolate mould tray gratis at the local church jumble sale that looks just like this:

77f4200f3a6cc6a35252e014834201b1.jpg

I shall crush up some Kendall mint cake and use it to make after dinner mints to give away at Christmas.

Great ideas about the advent calendars btw! I noticed that Poundland has them in already, different ones for girls and boys.

Thank you :D
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    I tried to talk to OH about this last night but he was horrified that I'd blatantly used the festive C word in a countdown and preparation-laden way and has refused to talk about it, thinks we have enough on our plate with work & the move without thinking about all this too. I can't help him to see that by starting all this now will help to relieve things a bit when we get to the other end! Hmmmm.

:D However, I know you would all understand where I'm coming from ... PN x
    Divorce him grounds of unreasonable behaviour ;)

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • PlaysNicely
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Divorce him grounds of unreasonable behaviour ;)

:wave:

Indeedy. You see, I knew you'd all get where I'm coming from!

Day off today so a little festive list making will be in order a bit later on I think! I bought some brand new hot water bottles in the summer (reduced price) and am thinking about knitting / crocheting quirky covers for them as gifts, so will investigate that a bit too. Will also help to reduce yarn stash in economical way!

Feel a bit flat and stressed with house move malarkey so at least by dealing with all things festive, I can plan for something that is definitely going to happen and try to control the cost of it ... the absolute opposite (and therefore complete balance and even therapy) of all things home buying!

:D Thanks for having me! PN x
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #236 - £ 5 / £332.05 + 365 day penny challenge - £ 18.15 / £667.95; 52 weeks challenge = £183 / £1,378;Frugal Living 2018 #42 <£11,500
    :p
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have just received the illustrated Harry Potter Books I ordered for DD Christmas present - they are beautiful, I,m not sure I want to give them away now .... She would love them though - decisions... :o

Vfm4 - if you need a taste tester :D
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    I had nice Christmassy thoughts when I saw this Nutella tree earlier today. It's easy enough to give this a go nearer the time. For now I'm just craving a Lidl bakery chocolate twist.

Nutella bread
    >0600acab-d46f-4a20-b202-6301716df4a3.jpg

Chocolate twist
    >06138_06_teaserthemeworld2x1.jpg

Neither is sugar-free :o

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    *drooling*
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    Hmm. Think I have to tell husband to pick up some puff pastry and some Nutella on the way home for me. I'll give it a go. That and some cinnamon palmiers I fancied having a go of too.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh my, that nutella tree look's amazing!

Might need to give that a go.

Dxxx
  • pajama
    pajama Posts: 204 Forumite
    Options
    Loving the nutella tree!
    Think this shall be made for Christmas. The grandaughters will love it, also my chocoholic daughter too
    Grocery Challenge - Sept £205.56/£350.00

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport