new b/band. Smart TV

Options
Hi, just changed b/band provider. Samsung UE40H6400 tv says"you have lost internet"
I go to setting > network,, but it is stuck on "searching for network". It doesnt find new (or old one). Am with Sky TV
It says "phone line not connected" But I can use the internet function on the TV so the phone line must be connected ????
Any ideas please ?

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    castle96 wrote: »
    Hi, just changed b/band provider. Samsung UE40H6400 tv says"you have lost internet"
    I go to setting > network,, but it is stuck on "searching for network". It doesnt find new (or old one). Am with Sky TV
    It says "phone line not connected" But I can use the internet function on the TV so the phone line must be connected ????
    Any ideas please ?

I'm unclear as first you say the tv says it's searching but then say that you can use the internet on the tv.

Do you mean that the tv won't work as a smart tv, but you can use internet for on demand via Sky ?

When we had Sky switched off, so needed to use our Panasonic as a smart tv, there was a problem with linking up. The auto part didn't work as the PlusNet box doesn't have a special button, so I had to key in the router details.
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,885 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    "Do you mean that the tv won't work as a smart tv, but you can use internet for on demand via Sky ?"

Works as smart tv, but no on demand

"You need an ethernet cable connected via your router into your TV"

e/cable is connected
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    castle96 wrote: »
    "Do you mean that the tv won't work as a smart tv, but you can use internet for on demand via Sky ?"

Works as smart tv, but no on demand

"You need an ethernet cable connected via your router into your TV"

e/cable is connected
    Try a factory reset on the TV.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I remembered, this morning, that after using our tv as smart, then returning to Sky, On Demand was not working. I gave them a call and the tech person said that it had not been switched on. He sorted the problem in minutes.
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,885 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    now sorted by son. Problem was ...????.....

thanks all
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport