How much is my multifuel stove worth?

Options
Good Evening All,

Probably not the right place for this thread but i thought the DIY section possibly may have more views it's more suited here.

I am currently renovating a property and have decided to take out the multi fuel stove that was in place. Nothing wrong with it apart from the chimney wasn't lined and i'm not too fussed about having one in general.

I am looking to put it up on some local sites for sale but i have no idea of the general value of it. It does need a good clean up but it is a really nice looking unit. Rear exit, front glass door etc..

60cm Wide
60cm Height
40cm Depth
16cm Flue

http://imgur.com/fitFHZd

Any idea on what i should be advertising it for? I know it's a long shot but thought someone may be able to help!

Thanks!
Things that are free in life are great, well most of the time :beer:

Comments

• FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Any idea on what i should be advertising it for? I know it's a long shot but thought someone may be able to help!

Depends on the make & model and whether you are prepared to pack & ship. A decent, well known brand may go for 50% of the list price. Where as a cheap MachineMart type might not even fetch scrap value.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    With stoves, the manufacturer is important, because availability of spares is a consideration and reputation can also help sell a secondhand one.

Give it a coat of stove paint and it will look twice as good, then stick it on the Bay or Gumtree.

I put mine on eBay starting at £40 collection only. I had no shortage of watchers before taking it off and selling to someone local.....whoops!:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure