PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Options

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No ivyleaf that will be it I hope. I should then just have to go back every six months for a scan and see the doctor every six months. I don't expect the side effects to stop immediately just taper off as they built up over many months. Thanks for your hug was in need of that today.

You're very welcome! Have some more ((())). So relieved for you that the end is in sight.

Monnagran (((HUGS))) to you too, sounds as if you'll be both glad and sorry to see the family again xx
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Softstuff wrote: »
    I was exaggerating about the kayak. To be fair, further up the drive drains much better than previously (used to be ankle deep during heavy rain) and lover down the garden is way better because it won't be under water for a week. But there's a small pond in the middle. Soon to be resolved. And not the fault of the gardeners (though I might ask him for help remedying it).

Well, Softstuff, I would go for a lover down the garden over drains any day. If you get a move on you might even reach him before the week is up and you can make whoopee before the water reaches you.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all ,
    First chance I have had of sitting still for the last 24 hrs , not complaining just shattered .... so dh , ran 74 miles , started at 5am finished at 8 50 pm ..... looking very fit a healthy , with only one blister .... :j his end of run finished at the club for our charity night , so he / us were still collecting glasses in gone midnight ... but we had lots there and made about £1000 ..which is great in today's world , happy happy .... so now he is at work for a 8 hour shift .... I have washed 3 loads of running gear ,counted money, did my thank you things ,sorted raffle /auction stuff ,did some food shopping and spent some time with the kids , did an hour behind bar , ...now just need to feed everyone then go along the club later , but hopefully not for long .....then do uniforms lol
    But I am pleased we did it , it was a laugh , and there are some very nice people out there , who are willing to help .....
    So might even get a chance to have a glass of something later , strongest thing I have had lately has been water or coffee :beer:
    £223/ £250 GC
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »
    Well, Softstuff, I would go for a lover down the garden over drains any day. If you get a move on you might even reach him before the week is up and you can make whoopee before the water reaches you.

x

This made me laugh so much I spilt my allotment apple & rhubarb wine down my t-shirt!!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lol, that's so funny
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »

x

Oh my. It seems the tablet has more energy left than I do. :rotfl:
    This morning the rain has stopped, so I need to set to on edging and gravelling (not on nookie at the bottom of the garden).

Well done to your DH Burtha, an excellent collection indeed, time for a bit of relaxation for bothof you hopefully.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 June 2016 at 4:27AM
    Options
    Monna,
    A loving mother/grand mother...loving children/grandchildren--concerned more about the other than themselves.
    This type of character makes it through most any challenge. You are lovely and so is your family!

I remember many many years ago Prince Charles visited the US and was later asked what he thought of America. He said 'It's a nation ruled by its children.'

You can see it in our school systems. Lack of discipline at home is reeking havoc!
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congrats to you and your DH burtha, what an achievement. I hope you have some time to rest today.

Hugs to you monna, it's a difficult situation for you. I've never understood why bad things happen to such lovely people.

HH - I hope some of those coats were rain jackets!

Look after that lover in your garden Softstuff!

Off for another week at the madhouse.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Am still here, keeping up but not talking a lot. Finding it hard to get a decent nights sleep just now with the long light nights. Dark at 10.45 and light again at 3.15. I don't mind the long dark winter nights but I'm not keen on the light nights.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mardatha

Could you safety pin a cheap fleece to line the curtains?

I have the same problem at the moment but once both pairs of curtains are up and a blind in each window that should help. Only one window is curtained and as we are on a corner two sets of lights shine in!
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills