PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 27 March 2017

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 27 March 2017 at 6:16AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Monday 27 March 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now getting light, dry but chilly.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work, DS2 still in his pit.

Lunch yesterday was roast chicken, roasties, mash, cauli/broc cheese, carrots, peas, yorkshires and gravy. Tonight we'll be having smoked sausage and mushroom pasta in a creme fraiche sauce.

We were quite lazy yesterday, didn't really do very much, but I did get a line of washing line dried. Watched several tv programmes on catch up, I still have some to watch - when I get time!

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    I'm ready to set off for work, Captain Hotstuff is still asleep in bed, he's not working today, he has been renamed as we lit the wood burner on the boat on Saturday, it worked well but as soon as the temperature reached 10deg we had to open all the windows and the front and back doors as he was getting too hot!
    We had a lovely weekend and took the boat onto the cut for the first time, dgd6 loved it.
    I'm having a spending spree, buying hooks and hangers for the boat and also some
    Ecover products.
    I'm also looking for space saver ideas, the galley was obviously designed but someone who didn't cook!
    Have a great day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

I'm awake. Had no choice really as hubby had a restless night and I got socked in the eye by his flailing arms. Not on purpose of course and he did apologise after I yelled at him. :rotfl:

Hubby now gone to work. Youngest is working closer to home today so he's not out of bed yet.

Stuff to do in the house today and if I see Prodigal he's going to get yelled at. I'll be damned if we are going to help him if he won't help himself.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

So much sunshine over the weekend! The house has been well aired, windows cleaned, fence painted, washing dried and some general garden tidying.

Pleased to hear you have all had good weekends too, the boat sounds fab HH, at least you know the fire works!

Meeting friends after work today for dinner and a catch up, not feeling too good, I've got a bit of a sore throat but I'm sure I'll forget about it once I get to work.

DD is very poorly, she had to phone NHS24 as she had most of the symptoms of malaria but they think she has a nasty flu type virus, hope they are right.

Have a good Monday, take care. XX
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC for the start. No frost about this morning so must have been a warmer night. Today's forecast is for it to be a little cooler and not as much sun. The mini heatwave was nice whilst it lasted!

Not a lot planned for today. The bare essentials of ironing to do and then might get the bus into town for a wander round. I still have some birthday money and a gift card to spend if anything catches my eye. Then a quick foray into £land for one or two bits and Savers to restock on toilet rolls.

No leftovers from yesterday to eat up, unusual for a Monday, so today's meals to plan. Tonight may possibly be fish as always plenty of one sort or another in the freezer.

Have a good day folks and (HUGS) for the poorlies, sad or worried who want one. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

It seems very cold here today, I have had to flick the heating on for 1/2 hour the wind is whistling outside, it was a glorious weekend so I hope it brightens up later on.

OH and I cleaned the shed of doom yesterday :eek: you would never believe the amount of stuff in there, OH is a bit of a hoarder but I wont let him hoard stuff in the house, so a lot went in the shed. There is a huge pile for the tip, a huge pile of non burnable wood and a huge pile or burnable wood, its all over the garden atm ! It will have to wait till next weekend now !

We had a very quick dinner of an omelette and salad for dinner last night, so we will have the chicken breast tonight in some form or other, I might do a chicken tray bake.

Right better get on have good days all xx
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning.

I want to go back to bed :(

...that is all...:o

Take care all :)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]camelot Oh that's worrying, I hope your daughter's OK x[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]My arm is improving, thanks. I'm trying to sleep sat up because when I lie down it seems to press on the nerve, trouble is I slide down once I'm asleep and I wake up in pain so I was decamping to the sofa. I brought an old quilt downstairs and don't bother going up to bed, it's much easier to stay upright on a chair :D It feels like a dead weight in the morning because it's been still all night but once I take some brufen and start moving around, it's not too bad. It twinges all day, just to remind me it's not happy, lol. I shift position slighty and it relaxes again.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hester Captain Hotstuff, lol :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I have some yankee candles, flowers and lots of chocolate, but at the rate I eat it the choc will only last two days :rotfl:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]There are baby robins in a bush just outside my lounge window! I thought there was some nest-making going on but then thought it was too low and too close to the house – happy to be proved wrong :D The bush is very prickly and the nest is deep inside so I can't take a photo without disturbing them and I won't do that, but I really want to :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]We're taking Scampi to the forest, there's a small arboretum that is usually quiet so he can have some off-lead time in peace. This afternoon I'm going to tidy the patio and sort through some small bits out there, mr tru will be called upon when I've decided where the large, heavy pots are going to go :D[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good Morning chums and Thanks for starting us off nmlc, looking out of my window at the moment everything is looking grey and overcast and very misty but the forecast for kent is supposed to be sunny later so fingers crossed .I came home last night with some left over bits from dinner for my dinner tonight so I only have to steam some veg and make some gravy which it fine .DD bought a leg of lamb at the local Asdas and when she opened it up it was high as a kite so she took it back and the refunded her money, and she could only get in exchange a half leg, so not enough left over for her second meal for the family ,but enough left over for a meal for me :):):) Thanks asda :)

My friend June from dartford is coming down today and coming with me to my dealership so I can order my new car It takes three months before it arrives and I shan't get it until June so we shall get treated royally as usual by the dealer :) really nice garage and fresh coffee and chocolate biscuits are on tap mid morning :).Then we are going into Sittingbourne for a wander around as its close by and will probably have a light lunch there as there is a nice little restaurant in Roman Square that do nice food at reasonable prices, and we like to support the local businesses.

One of my Mums day presents was a lovely planter of lavender which was weird as my existing lavender was on its last legs and somehow my DD senses the things I really need bless her.I swear she has my late Mums second sight.

Hope everyone has a good day ,its almost the end of the month it seems to have whizzed by Still I am pleased as I really enjoy the spring and the lighter evenings This time next week I shall be getting ready for our trip to the IoW and we still haven't told the boys yet DD and I are keeping schtum and are going to tell them next Sunday evening :):):)

Cheers chums
    JackieO xx
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm just girding my loins for a trip to the docs for a medication review. Goodness knows what I was thinking to make it for 9.00 on a Monday morning. Keep your fingers crossed for me because I'm going to ask for some non-standard blood tests for my hypothyroidism, we'll see what happens.

After that I must do some housework because I've been very lazy for th last couple of weeks. The house is tidy but needs dusting and vacuuming.

I decided last week that I was letting my quilting take over - I love it but had become a bit manic over the different projects I've got on the go so I'm going to relax about it and just go with the flow. I've got a baby quilt on the table for DiL's sister and a couple of long term hand sewing projects, one applique and one English paper piecing so that I can ring the changes.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone, another morning when the Internet gobbled up my post.

I'm working at home, then out to participate in an early evening work event, a publicity thing. Easy to get to, which is a big plus for such a large city.

I've heard the binmen arriving in their lorry and am hoping that my bin bag hasn't been attacked by the crows and seagulls. These are seagulls without a sense of direction because you couldn't be much further from the sea here. There are also verminous creatures about though they have not encroached into our yard or house so far, touch wood. I can deal with mice, though reluctantly, but not rats.

I went to bed very early and feel a lot better for itm even though I had to get up for a wee in the middle of the night.

Birds are singing but it seems overcast and a bit damp, not sure if it is worth doing a load of washing as the indoor racks are full of stuff airing so anything that doesn't dry outside has nowhere to go afterwards.

OH and DS will eat without me tonight and I can have an omelette or similar when I come in. There is a lot of chicken leftover for sandwiches so nobody will go hungry. Though they won't want that, they will go for huge haunches of meat.

Hope everyone has a good day and best wishes for your daughter Camelot.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport