Aviva Medios Healthcare - are we being treated fairly?

Options

Comments

• colinmb
    Options
    I'm a fellow victim in this sorry affair, so I'm in for anything we might do collectively (though I've no bright ideas myself other than getting expensive legal help)
  • Supersonicol
    Options
    I have only just found this forum and am so relieved to find that I am not alone is my problems with my Medios policy. I signed up to it in 1997 with all the promises already mentioned. I have queried the price increases with Aviva and have been fobbed of with ' administrative costs' etc.
    I am very keen to support this . What should I do to register my angst??
    Thank you to everyone involved in this fight.
  • colinmb
    Options
    Unfortunately nobody seems to have any idea how to proceed. As a starter, I reckon we'd have to find £500 to get some very preliminary legal advice, and then a few grand more to pursue it. Meanwhile, this thread seems to be dying; I guess people have given up and even cancelled their policies.
  • WindyWo
    Options
    As a Medios policyholder (15 yrs +), I would be interested in pursuing this collectively with other policyholders. How do we get started?
  • colinmb
    Options
    My suggestion would be that we get together a list of those willing to part with some money - £100 initially and more later. Then, assuming we get at least a few, one of us (could be me, or anyone else) sources the legal advice and gets a proper estimate. Then, assuming the lawyer's initial thoughts are not discouraging, we grit our teeth and fork out some hard cash. We can stick with our site nicknames for now, but soon we'll have to exchange real names and contact details. So, I'd like to put myself on the list. I suggest anyone adding him- or herself to the list, when doing so, repeat the full list-so-far, so we don't have to trawl the thread looking for the names. (Haha optimistic assumption there's going to be a massive response!)

LIST OF MEDIOS VICTIMS WILLING TO PART WITH HARD CASH IN PURSUIT OF LEGAL REDRESS
    colinmb
  • WindyWo
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I'm in.

-Paul
  • WindyWo
    Options
    LIST OF MEDIOS VICTIMS WILLING TO PART WITH HARD CASH IN PURSUIT OF LEGAL REDRESS
    colinmb
    WindyWo
  • WindyWo
    Options
    02Jim wrote: »
    Just spoken with Paul, who really wants to get something started & has had previous dealings with Aviva over a product where there were 'irregularities', & has got them to admit to these & then been very well compensated. He is on facebook & lives in Leigh-on-Sea. Give him a ring & post your thoughts on here. I'm definitely prepared to support & go along with him, but we will need others.

Jim, Please see latest posts (#324/5/6) and let us know if you're in.
  • WindyWo
    Options
    I have only just found this forum and am so relieved to find that I am not alone is my problems with my Medios policy. I signed up to it in 1997 with all the promises already mentioned. I have queried the price increases with Aviva and have been fobbed of with ' administrative costs' etc.
    I am very keen to support this . What should I do to register my angst??
    Thank you to everyone involved in this fight.

Supersonicol , Please see latest posts (#324/5/6) and let us know if you're in.
  • 02Jim
    02Jim Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Has anybody been in touch with paulmayo (#318/320) who also put forward a proposal, such as a class action? I have actually spoken to him on the tel. I would be prepared to join a group but we need to assign a reputable firm of solicitors to lodge any money with, because I, like many others I suspect, want to know that this is all bona fide.

What puzzles me about this forum is we had a group at the beginning (Burntwood, Davidston, How, Heathcote,Paulson, Adamson, Fslegal & Guardog) who were v active but once the response from the FOS was not helpful disappeared off the site completely. I tried to get in touch with 2 of them who I had contact & conversation with on private message but still received no response. Other big contributors (Lawton, PMW, Jean819, Mwng, Barryman & alajg1) also left later.

Anyone who is interested in this Forum & has read the posts must be aware of this & asked themselves a similar question.

What are everybody else's thoughts on this?

In the right circumstances I would be prepared to join with others to initially fund some legal advice to see if it is worth taking forward.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback