When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Oh stir fry is something else I've never really included in the meal plan either or risotto. I get stuck with the same things over and over. Will be giving the stir fry a go when we pull the other half of joint out for a roast.

Have turned the left overs from yesterday into pie for DD (yes she's obsessed with pie but will only eat homemade) and the rest into slices for sandwiches tonight with gravy and new potatoes.

Have got curry in the slow cooker because I had a million onions needing used (still have more than I know what to do with, I'm sure they've bred in the fridge :rotfl: at least I know when I shop this week I don't need onions ;))

Might need to pick some milk up today but hopefully not it can be tomorrow when I need to break my NSD to cover a taxi to an appointment and back! Dedication to my NSD that is :rotfl:
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    Hi hidden, definitely seconding the idea of leftover beef in a stir fry, yummy and super quick to make as well. OH also does something with corn flour and makes beef strips into a crispy chili beef- not quite sure how he does it but tastes just like from the takeaway (although chilli maybe not so good for the little ones!)

DTD
    Loan £13,339.81 (4.9%) Current End Date Dec 2020
    CC1 £3496.00 (0% for another 20 months)
    CC2 £2500 (0% for another 20 months)
    Total: £19335.81:eek:
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope you've not been too tired today HI.

Re the uniform do you buy brand new every year? I usually only buy mine a few new bits and use up last years as spares. I find the logo'd stuff usually washes well and you can't even tell the difference a few weeks into the term!!

Hope you get more sleep tonight xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Hi hidden, definitely seconding the idea of leftover beef in a stir fry, yummy and super quick to make as well. OH also does something with corn flour and makes beef strips into a crispy chili beef- not quite sure how he does it but tastes just like from the takeaway (although chilli maybe not so good for the little ones!)

DTD

That sounds so good! I will have to have a google Thank you :D
    Hope you've not been too tired today HI.

Re the uniform do you buy brand new every year? I usually only buy mine a few new bits and use up last years as spares. I find the logo'd stuff usually washes well and you can't even tell the difference a few weeks into the term!!

Hope you get more sleep tonight xx

I'm feeling the lack of sleep more now :o I'm just going to finish the cleaning, have a quick shower and jump in bed :rotfl:

I do but last September I only bought one set each :o So it's looking a bit tired now, however I refuse to replace it now :o The thing is this time they are changing colour schemes so even down to the reading bags (that are logo) need replacing :cool: I will hopefully then keep them as spares thats such a good idea!

It's school shoes that we seem to struggle with, DD wore her new ones for the first time today and has come home crying they hurt :( I feel awful :o but we've tried at least 6 pairs from kickers/clarks/startrite. I'm really tempted to get her some cheaper brand and see if they are comfier? I think she finds them to "hard"
  • emmie26
    emmie26 Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You are like me with your nsd's, the other day I had to top up my DS's dinner money card and rather than do it before I went to bed I did it when I woke in the morning, just so that I didn't blow a nsd, like it matters in the long run, but I did feel better for it :D

My sons school have school uniform shop everything, they even make you buy a particular pair of trousers and there are 3 different pe kits, rugby, athletics and a tracksuit, it is a nightmare, he is definitely keeping some of the same things for two years I can't afford that every year. I think it was £200 just for him last September :eek: but he was just starting high school so needed everything.

I am loving all the recipie ideas as well, keep them coming it's giving me some inspiration :)

Total Debt: [STRIKE]£24,359.79[/STRIKE] £16,452
    debt reduced by 32%
    Debt free date: May 2019
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Mine are only in year 3/year 1 and youngest starts the nursery there. I think youngest will need more than one set though. They have chickens and grow their own veg/fruit etc which youngest will love 'helping' with not to mention usual nursery paint and general preschool stuff :rotfl:

I must admit I'm loving the recipe ideas :D
  • emmie26
    emmie26 Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That sounds a lovely nursery!

My son is 12 And still comes home covered in supposed washable paint, it gets no better (well he hasn't) :mad:

Total Debt: [STRIKE]£24,359.79[/STRIKE] £16,452
    debt reduced by 32%
    Debt free date: May 2019
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    It's school shoes that we seem to struggle with, DD wore her new ones for the first time today and has come home crying they hurt :( I feel awful :o but we've tried at least 6 pairs from kickers/clarks/startrite. I'm really tempted to get her some cheaper brand and see if they are comfier? I think she finds them to "hard"
    Is she wearing them round the house first? I get my DC to wear their shoes for increasing amounts of time for 3-4 days before wearing them for a full day of school, and send in their old shoes or trainers for them to change into if they get sore for a few days. I remember the hell of breaking in new smart school shoes! I buy my DCs' school shoes from M&S and they have always been fine. Not super cheap, but more so than Clarks etc.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Is she wearing them round the house first? I get my DC to wear their shoes for increasing amounts of time for 3-4 days before wearing them for a full day of school, and send in their old shoes or trainers for them to change into if they get sore for a few days. I remember the hell of breaking in new smart school shoes! I buy my DCs' school shoes from M&S and they have always been fine. Not super cheap, but more so than Clarks etc.

Never thought of M&S! We had debenhams and they where okay, I think everywhere must be getting ready to change to new stock for the new school year, sizes seem limited everywhere! and what a good idea getting them to wear them in the house!
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Well another morning, another school run and another load of cleaning and ironing done.

Youngest has taken herself back to bed and fell asleep :rotfl: Well that's what happens when you think you can still be wide awake requesting a full dinner at 3am ;) So I'm going to sit and have a coffee and catch up on surveys.

No plans today, tonight's dinner is going to be all the odd leftovers, I don't want to cook something else when there's still odd portions of things left. I'll make it look like they've all got something they'd choose ;)

Won't be a NSD. Need milk and fathers day card. Need a stamp to send a birthday card too.

Really need to find a small gift for my step-dad. It's so difficult! He wants for nothing and anything he does want he just gets. Also need to find a nice card for him. The kids are making their cards though, so some saving there :cool:

I've made no extra payments this week :( but the lower tax credits means its been quite tight. Although at least I haven't had to borrow from anywhere ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure