I'm in so much trouble

Options
left my husband recently and i have had to find a furnish a new home i am quickly running out of money the tax credit is dragging there heels and husband aint giving me any money for the kids i have around £20000 debts and aint got a clue what i'm gonna do. Feel like bury in my head in the sand but that wont help at all i currently have £60 in my purse a mountain of bills and about £260 pound left on one credit card which i will need just to do food shopping for the next month. :eek:
:jFriends are like fabric you can never have enough:j

Comments

• sueshells
    Options
    Hi xmaslolly,

Sorry to hear about your problems. Are you working? Assume you are as you talk about tax credits. Not sure how to help at this stage but stick around on this board and someone, somewhere will help you get sorted. They are a great bunch and between them have been through all the situations you could think of - and come out the other side!

Just keep talking - it really helps to share a problem with sympathetic listeners and you'll find plenty here.

Sorry not to be more use myself.

Best Wishes, Sue
  • advent1122
    advent1122 Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    Options
    and husband aint giving me any money for the kids

I am afraid hubby aint go no choice. Get in touch with the CSA and let them handle it.
  • skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi

Can you bear to post your SOA? Tell us what;'s coming in and going out, and we can help.

As to food - how many are you feeding? If you have a look on the Old Style board you'll find ways of eating cheaply, so you might not have to use all your credit.

What furniture do you need? Try posting a wanted post on Freecycle, and see what you can get for free (you'll need to collect).

Try not to panic - we can and will help you.

(((hugs)))
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • magicmaria
    Options
    Big hugs

You have taken the first step to sort this out by posting on here, there all loads of great people who will offer support and advice to get you out of this mess, firstly post your full statement of affairs, include everything and someone will come along and offer help and advice xx
  • xmaslolly76
    xmaslolly76 Posts: 3,974 Forumite
    Options
    thanks everyone i feel a bit better knowing i'm not the only one and i will post my soa on here just got to sort out who i owe what to, hubby will pay but not until xmas as we have a house to sell and he carnt afford to pay he is as big a mess as me i'm affraid be back soon :-) and thank you again
    :jFriends are like fabric you can never have enough:j
  • advent1122
    Options
    hubby will pay but not until xmas as we have a house to sell and he carnt afford to pay he is as big a mess as me i'm affraid be back soon :-) and thank you again

Tough titty. You have kids to feed.
  • skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    advent1122 wrote:
    Tough titty. You have kids to feed.

Be fair. She left him. He's in strife too. It's not black and white.
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • Johnhowell
    Options
    tax credit is dragging there heels
    Can you phone the nearest tax office and collect a hardship payment - an advance on your entitlement.

Do make sure you visit https://www.entitledto.co.uk to check the award you should receive, so not to get trapped into an overpayment situation.

Take care,
    John
  • advent1122
    Options
    Be fair. She left him. He's in strife too. It's not black and white.

Thats fine then.
    If she leaves then the man does not have to pay to feed the children.
    If he leaves then he does.
    Thanks for clearing it up.
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    advent1122 wrote:
    Thats fine then.
    If she leaves then the man does not have to pay to feed the children.
    If he leaves then he does.
    Thanks for clearing it up.

Surely it is better to try and resolve this amicably - I may be wrong, but I assume that OP is still talking to ex and, by the implication of her earlier post, has already discussed this with him, and he does not appear to be denying his obligation to pay, merely his ability to pay until he has sold the house - which OP accepts.
    I agree with skintchick - these situations are seldom 'black and white'
    We should be concentrating on giving OP advice for the immediate situation.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport