Cheap Nespresso Compatible Pods

Options

Comments

• headpin
    headpin Posts: 780 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    raspo wrote: »
    Would someone who has gotten the capsules at Costco please post the brand and perhaps a photo? I looked up and down Watford Costco for them today and couldn't find them. I also asked and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Any help will be very appreciated! :D

Yep, did the same in Watford on Monday!
  • cocotwice
    Options
    When I was at Watford they were demonstrating the capsules and coffee right as you walk in, past the TVs and kind of on the left just before you get to the jewellery display. They were piled up high in boxes behind the demonstrator who was making the coffee and handing it out. The machines were in the same aisle as the regular coffee machines.

Costco are great on the phone - if you call them with your card number they will usually give you stock information. I will be at Watford again before Xmas so I will take another look. I assure you I didnt imagine it - I had a long conversation with the demonstrator at how surprised I was to see the pods - Im just annoyed I didnt buy them now as so many friends have said they'd like to try the pods too.

The capsules were in a very plain brown box - no fancy packaging.
  • raspo
    raspo Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oops, can't post links, so please search "30 x Swiss Capsules Variety Pack - For Nespresso Machines only" on amazon.co.uk
  • sadie11
    sadie11 Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    No Nespresso machines or compatible pods in Sheffield only coffee machine available there are Delonghi bean to cup.

Would really like one but a bit on the large side for my kitchen. :-(
  • FloFlo
    FloFlo Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Options
    I have a dolce gusto fontana which is pretty compact but makes fab coffees and chocs, wish the pods were cheaper.
  • tailo
    tailo Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    raspo wrote: »
    Oops, can't post links, so please search "30 x Swiss Capsules Variety Pack - For Nespresso Machines only" on amazon.co.uk

£21.49 for 30 capsules? The price is a little steep.
  • Alisha2008
    Alisha2008 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    More than double than the originals!!!!
  • sadie11
    sadie11 Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    FloFlo wrote: »
    I have a dolce gusto fontana which is pretty compact but makes fab coffees and chocs, wish the pods were cheaper.

Was put of the Dolce Gusto as u need 2 pods for a milky drink(if I'm not mistaken).

I have a Nespresso Essensa with the separate milk frother very compact and makes lovely coffee apart from the price of pods:sad:

Ideally I would love a bean to cup machine but space is limited in my kitchen and they all seem to be on the large side.
  • headpin
    headpin Posts: 780 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options

But at £18 for 60 pods (30p per pod) that's more than or about the same as an original Nespresso pod. So why bother, especially as Nespresso are currently offering free delivery if you are suffcient.

It's also worth noting that whenever I order the pods direct from Nespresso I only ever use standard delivery. That is because with only one exception (it took 2 days) they have always been delivered the next day. So do not bother paying for the premium next day delivery as you'll likely get them then anyway and if not within 2 days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure