Ppi claim rejected?

Options
So I had a letter from barclays, who have said that they cannot agree that ppi was mis sold.
The reasons are, the application for ppi was made in branch ( I don't remember asking for ppi), I was eligible for the policy as over 18, and resident in uk.
That the information provided was clear, fair and not misleading.
They said that an independent review was undertaken that covered the time that the policy was sold, so they are a satisfied that I was provided with enough info to make an informed decision.

Any thoughts please!
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,289 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What were your complaint reasons? When did the PPI sale take place?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with having PPI. You cant just complain because you have it. The whole thing is down to how it was sold.

Barclays have told you that they have found no evidence of wrongdoing in their review of the sale. So, what evidence of wrongdoing do you have? Why did you complain?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • siennamiller
    Options
    I don't recall being asked whether I wanted it at all.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You singned to say you accepted it....

Was it a CC or a loan?
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • dunstonh
    Options
    I don't recall being asked whether I wanted it at all.

That is the weakest of all the complaint reasons and one that rarely succeeds. it usually requires another failing to be identified or get lucky with an auto-payout.

Was that it or did you have other reasons?
    As it stands, the rejection reason seems consistent with that complaint reason.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • siennamiller
    Options
    I never take ppi, never have, so if it is on there, then they must have added it without asking me. How is that allowed.
  • dunstonh
    Options
    I never take ppi, never have, so if it is on there, then they must have added it without asking me. How is that allowed.

Anyone can say that after the event. Evidence is what matters.

You are making an allegation of wrongdoing. They are saying they have found no evidence on their files. So, what evidence do you have to support your allegation?
  • siennamiller
    Options
    Unfortunately none, but pretty sure they won't either, as it is of 6 years ago
  • dunstonh
    Options
    Unfortunately none, but pretty sure they won't either, as it is of 6 years ago

That isnt how it works.

You are the one making the allegation. The onus is on you to show wrongdoing where there is little or no evidence available which indicates no wrongdoing took place.

Its not their word against yours.
  • siennamiller
    Options
    Ok, thanks.
    Any tips on what I need to say, it seems so unfair.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure