PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Thinking of bidding for this property and would like some thoughts

Options
I can't post links as I'm a new user so after rightmove.co.uk it's /property-for-sale/property-70432130.html

I have driven around the area and had a look at the house from outside. It all seems really nice. I have an inkling it may even go for above the asking price.

Does anyone know about the area? Any red flags you spot?

Comments

• Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don't like the fact that they have removed two walls to make it partially open plan downstairs. The houses in that close on streetview seem a bit run down it may have improved? A house on the otherside of the road has a boarded up window. Do the houses get broken into a lot?

The back garden is very overlooked.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    More like this inc SSTC

20 with 14 SSTC see what others are buying and compare

expand area and price to get a bigger sample.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,525 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Open plan ground floor is a no no for me. Kitchen noise, smell, should the worse happen inability to contain a fire.
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    daveyjp wrote: »
    Open plan ground floor is a no no for me. Kitchen noise, smell, should the worse happen inability to contain a fire.

This.^^^

And there isn't even an extractor over the hob.
  • tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's a decent price for a house in the Norfolks but as per other comments the whole open plan thing downstairs would definitely put me off. Nice area and very sought after so I doubt you'd lose money on it if you bought it. Could be awkward for schools though if that's a consideration of yours.
  • Margot123
    Margot123 Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    Options
    That kitchen looks like an after-thought. Not keen on the partition that's not really a partition. Imagine how tiny the rooms would be if there was a proper wall.
  • westernpromise
    Options
    I see from photo 9 that it's handy for the Toby Carvery. Is that a plus or a minus? On the one hand, fine dining is only a short distance away; on the other, you may be inconvenienced by Toby patrons parking their Jags outside all the time.
  • orangecrush
    Options
    How wedded are you to living in Chapel Allerton? If the location is the thing, then the Norfolks are ok; I think there are more rentals in that area now, but mostly professionals.

Toby Carvery is not a problem; there are ten million parking spaces in there and most of the jags just park on Harrogate Road anyway :D

The kitchen/ downstairs layout thing is just weird. I'd need to do something about that. It would irritate me, and as others have said, fire risk!!
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,646 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why no photo of the 3rd bedroom?
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure