No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries April 2017

Options

Comments

• seasideDreamer
    seasideDreamer Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Welcome Sunny_money

Two UUs here:
    Calcot Manor Body Scrub
    Calcot Manor Perfect Day Bath & Shower Gel
    Debt free and busy treating myself:)

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
  • Houseplant26
    Options
    Hi folks,

Thank you so much for all of the kind words! Still feeling low/gross but I will get there, I just need some rest!

One thing I have done today is go through my wardrobe and fill some bags for charity. There are so many clothes in it that just aren't me, or don't fit me. I wish I could ditch them all and start again!!

I've also been through my makeup and got some bits to TA.
    - Benefit Dandelion Blush WBA this is not getting TA because I've almost used every last bit of it and I realised it's becoming impossible to get any out from the corners. Going to move onto a liquid blush from collection 2000 and see how I go!
    - Lush feeling younger looks ok but went out of date in 2015 and I never use it!!
    - a tattoo style pen that could be used as a liquid eyeliner or to do temporary tattoos which I never do
    - A dried out sample size mac mascara and benefit lash primer
    - 2x eyelash glues I never use
    - A guerlain eyeshadow palette with one eyeshadow all used up and three left. I like the three that are left but I got given this by my mum, second hand, as a treat probably over ten years ago! The lid is broken and it's probably too old anyway :rotfl:
    - a red mystery lipstick, wrong shade of red
    - a mini horglass lipstick for same reason

Then GA
    - Bobbi brown foundation, not my texture too heavy and drying
    - A budget brand dupe for posie tint i never use

Phew.

Think I'm going to try and do a DIY face mask. Noted about needing regular facials to see any benefit and not sure I can afford that! Think I may get more joy from a massage....
  • London_baby
    London_baby Posts: 436 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Uus:

Black Jamaican Castor oil
    Sample size I Dare You perfume by Liaison de Perfume - WNB, very similar in smell and texture to Middle Eastern oils and would be too overpowering for me.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I have 1 UU , Nivea micellar water 250 ml. I use this at evenings to take off my make up before the first cleanse.It was good enough for the purpose. I have Garnier ones so will replace it with one of them.
    ally.
  • asajj
    Options
    Painted my nails today with Kure Bazaar 's Melrose. It is pink!
    ally.
  • savingfortomorrow
    savingfortomorrow Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 April 2017 at 2:30PM
    Options
    Things have slowed down on the used up states up but is not for trying. I have been more diligent applying make up so I can see some things moving down and will be ending soon.

I finished some face wipes. The wet wipes are really good and don’t irate my skin, They are replaced by another from the stash.

Abbe89 congrats on finishing the shower gel, we all understand how good it feels when your items that made you realize that you had a problem are going down. It is a great feeling.

Maddie I hate when shades change as it makes it difficult to making it difficult to find another. It reminds me of food being rebranded with different tastes or even making the new ineffective!! If a company want to reformulate colours they should keep the old names and introduce new names to the new colours. It would be more inclusive to have a range of shades from pale to dark. It happened to me with lancome and never felt the same affinity to that brand since.

Welcome sunnymoney. It is painful to do the stock take but it gives you ideas on what to focus upon.

Deleted_User I totally know how you feel about rebelling against spending. I seem to go off the register when spending is restricted. Sometimes I open a new product that I have been saving rather than buying new items. I find it is difficult to be good all the time.

Houseplant if your skin has gotten bad all of a sudden stress and not getting a chance to eat well can really impact on health. Sometimes when I am over worked and stressed to the max I forget what fruit and veg are, the diet goes to hell and the skin ends up looking like rubbish. Try taking vitamins and veg, may help and don’t buy anything new as your skin is just being temporarily difficult. I tend to ask for a sample of a new product if my skin is being difficult in case it makes it even worse! De-stressing and relaxing will make a massive difference
  • catherinekate
    Options
    Hi everyone, welcome newbies and congratulations to everyone else on so much stash movement!

Sunny_money, I also hate cleaning travel sized bottles, last time's scent never seems to quite leave. I have wondered about putting them in the dishwasher but haven't dared try.

ValM all of my lipsticks are subtle variations on the same dusty rose colour . . . although at least I know what I like :rotfl:

I seem to have nothing at all at the spluttering stage (although steady progress on some LHJs). Quite a few INs:

Bourjois liquid lipsticks, one from the new range and one from the old, unnecessary but lovely
    Bourjois setting powder, my faithful Rimmel Stay Matte is settling in my fine lines these days :(
    2x suncream, replacing last year's, TA
    Summer glow body lotion - I am probably never going to use this but i like to think I am now the sort of person who might . . . we'll see

UU: Body Shop Peppermint foot soak. I've had this since at least 2003 and it had lost its smell. PRCP.
  • pinkfluffybabe
    pinkfluffybabe Posts: 2,986 Forumite
    Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Two more UU today:

Nuxe micellar water. WNBA. I have another of these but I'm not so impressed with it.

L'occitane shea moisturiser. WNBA. This was a freebie, but I don't think I'd buy it. Too thin for my dry skin.
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 14/53 UU, 11 IN
  • asajj
    Options
    I'm not sure if posted this before but this is my use by summer list : finish by summer
    No 7 pink crayon
    new zealand eye cream
    they are real mini mascara
    body shop vitamin e facial serum
    benefint benetint

UU'ed TBS Vitamin E Serum today. I liked this and WMBA.
    ally.
  • Houseplant26
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Thank you for the kind words/advice about my skin. I think stress and poor diet has been a big factor. I don't really feel like I'm in a good routine with skincare either, partly as been trying to UU so much stuff.

Speaking off I have some more UU:
    Elizabeth Arden treatment boosting cleanser - this was a GWP, would not buy as too harsh/scrubby for my liking
    Pixi Glow Tonic - WBA although I might buy First Aid Beauty pads next as I had them before and seem to remember them being good

Then a couple of ins:
    - Living Proof healthy hair conditioner. more than I planned to spend but I was getting so sick of cheaper conditioners not working for me and making my hair feel greasy so have this a go. Really glad I did hair feels good for it so far.
    - Sample of Sunday Riley CEO cream
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport