PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Options

Comments

• thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's a lovely day down here today; sunny and - whisper it quietly - fairly warm! There are some early lambs in the fields, and on a walk yesterday DD1 & I saw primroses and even a few brave daffodils, not in sheltered gardens but out in the "wild" woods, amongst the snowdrops. We could smell wild garlic shoots somewhere, but didn't actually see them. Dandelions are "up" in the garden but not big enough for a salad yet. I got a load of washing dry out on the line, too. Spring really isn't far away now...
    Angie - GC May 24 £253.52/£450: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • westcoastscot
    Options
    ancient of days, I find that I do better if I wear my headtorch over a hat :-)
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    O please god give us a pic of that............. :D:D
  • westcoastscot
    Options
    Not a chance Mar!!!! Picture mad lady, pinny, woolly hat and head torch :rotfl: It's a fetching hat I made myself with alpaca wool from the local herd, gets bigger in the rain :rotfl:
  • thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ooooh, alpacas, WCS? I'll just grab my coat, my carders & my travel wheel & get to the station...

But sigh - I still won't be any good at knitting...
    Angie - GC May 24 £253.52/£450: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • southantrim3
    Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-38895541

Anyone spotted this - imagine if that happened in regions of the UK - could be very interesting...

:eek:
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Scary I would say, considering how some of the snowflake generation would never be able to survive without social media. And how would we hear Mr Trump's words of wisdom without Twitter? Certainly, any organisation wishing to harm a particular country would do well to target its access to the Internet.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    We survive very nicely without twitter or facebook etc. there is way too little time to do all we need to do without wasting any of it in useless occupations. I would miss these MSE boards though if there was a problem and they weren't available to me, I'd miss the friendship and the sharing and the vast pool of common sense and information that the collective 'us' has and what I'd miss most is the humour and good natured ragging that makes these OS threads a very pleasant place to hang out. Having said that, I remember well a time before I had any contact with the online world at all and I was entirely happy then too!
  • westcoastscot
    Options
    Ooooh, alpacas, WCS? I'll just grab my coat, my carders & my travel wheel & get to the station...

But sigh - I still won't be any good at knitting...[/QUOTE

Visit anyway - they're really cute!!

http://beachmorealpacas.weebly.com/
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :j:j:j I want an alpaca! I want one now, they're ADORABLE!
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills