Has anyone successfully haggled their Water Bill? (non Meter)

Options
Has anyone tried to get it down. We are with Essex and Suffolk water for water and waste we are 95% sure that going to a meter won't be a good idea. We tried paying in full £520 for the year but even then they are still not interested in a discount.

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How do you negotiate on something that is set by statute. Have you tried haggling with DVLA ?
  • the_quiff
    the_quiff Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have heard some argue the point what goes in must go out. So if you recycle bath water and rain water then less water needs to be process, understandable we still give them the worse of them.

You can find that here uswitch.com/water/price-of-water

They give you a discount for different forms of payment, but nothing for in full.

Also DVLA give you options, you can buy a smaller car. I suppose you can buy a smaller property but that is still unlikely to reduce it down.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    the_quiff wrote: »
    I have heard some argue the point what goes in must go out. So if you recycle bath water and rain water then less water needs to be process, understandable we still give them the worse of them.

You can find that here uswitch.com/water/price-of-water

They give you a discount for different forms of payment, but nothing for in full.

Also DVLA give you options, you can buy a smaller car. I suppose you can buy a smaller property but that is still unlikely to reduce it down.

Which water company gives a discount for different forms of payment?

You need to appreciate how water companies are funded. They raise £xxx million in revenue; if some pay less - others pay more.

Get a meter and if you recycle water(e.g for toilet flushing) you will use less water and hence pay less.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure