Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

First Aider at Charity Events

Options
Bronnie
Bronnie Posts: 4,165 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Anyone have an idea of the cost of a St John's or Red Cross first aider at an evening charity event, please?

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 December 2017 at 1:43AM
    Options
    Really you'd have to phone and ask, because I suspect it will depend on factors like the kind of event, whether you need an ambulance, how many you need etc, and I'd expect them to make those decisions after a risk assessment. For the event where DH uses them, they send an ambulance and three people. Can't give costs as up to now they have not charged, because one of their volunteers is a long-term supporter of DH's cause (and I suspect they are also sufficiently senior in the organisation to be able to swing this ...)

Also do ask as soon as you can because they are dependent on having the volunteers available.

BTW you can request a quote online - which confirms my view that the answer is 'it depends!'

http://www.redcross.org.uk/en/What-we-do/First-aid/Event-first-aid-and-ambulance-support/How-we-can-help-at-events

http://www.sja.org.uk/sja/about-us/event-services.aspx
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Bronnie
    Bronnie Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was just pondering it last night. It's a low risk event and I'm sure we could find a qualified First Aider if we put our mind to it. Just wondered, last time I used them, which was years ago, they came along free of charge, but I know that doesn't seem to be the usual case now. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure