Back, still in debt, probably depressed (Take 2)

Options

Comments

• CapricornLass
    Options
    I agree. Every little helps!

Perhaps you could treat it like a 'loan'? Transfer the money across, and then cut up the card, and just pay a set sum off it every month until its either cleared or its time to transfer it to another offer?
    Sealed Pot Challenge no 035. Fashion on the Ration: 24/66 coupons spent.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I agree. Every little helps!

Perhaps you could treat it like a 'loan'? Transfer the money across, and then cut up the card, and just pay a set sum off it every month until its either cleared or its time to transfer it to another offer?

Agree with this too :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks everyone, ill get it shifted. The cc I paid off offered me a 0% balance transfer for only for 6 months so this is a better long term offer. Car is getting serviced and other than that itll be a quiet weekend. Pretty tired and cant wait for hospital appointment for my throat.
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • Uniscots97
    Options
    Morning All, OH let me have a lie in but that meant coming into the bedroom every 15 minutes so I didnt really get back to sleep. He has taken LO shopping. Not sure how much of the list I will get but the chill time is appreciated.

Got my balance transfer done. It feels like I am finally making a difference to my debt. Told OH he needs to sort his finances out as I cannot keep bailing him out (he owes me 200 due back Monday as need it for direct debits). The annual gas bill is in (car insurance is due too) but my Mum has offered to pay it (£300). How is everyone today? I am still scanning my receipts and got my first payment through so Ill need to update my total.
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Great news on the transfer and cheers to your lovely Mum.

I hope that OH will grow up regarding the finances, you are under enough stress without his ridiculous demands to be bailed out.

Keep warm, hope your hospital appointment happens very soon. x
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on BT & your mum.
    Bah to your OH :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • CapricornLass
    Options
    Its so nice when you feel you are finally taking control, isn't it? And what a lovely thing for your mum to offer to do for you, too.

Keep firm re OH and bailing him out - at the end of the day, you aren't doing him any favours as he won't ever face up to and deal with his own financial problems if he knows that he can rely on you to give him money whenever he's short.

Take care of yourself.
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your OH. Families can indeed be the bain of our existence. I keep a safe distance from mine and don't see them often because of the drama and toxicity.

Well done on the BT deal, that's a good one to take advantage of :)
  • Uniscots97
    Options
    How is everyone today? Yes my Mum has been a star. Got little payments to add later and hopefully my balance transfer will complete today
  • CapricornLass
    Options
    Feeling pretty boyant, thank you for asking. Had an interview for a new job (contract job doing project support and event administration). I won't know if I've got the job until tomorrow, but I felt that the interview went very well. As its the first application I've put in for a long time, I'm feeling pretty chuffed with myself!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure