Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)

Options

Comments

• cazziebo
    cazziebo Posts: 3,209 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you so much for going to so much trouble - this is so good of you, And if you can't charge us I think you should tell us where you're staying next and we can arrange for a bottle of something in your room! how unbelievably generous spirited of you.

I've booked the Montagu Place Hotel which looks absolutely fab. Got it at that price. (As she's travelling from Cardiff it's also very handy for Paddington station - could not be better)

:j :j Pelican rocks!

OK, done a bit of a search and there's a few moderately attractive possibilities but nothing like the deals you get at weekends or in the deep midwinter. Please note I can't vouch for all of the booking sites mentioned as I haven't used some of them, and also note that I can't be 100% sure twins are available at all of these hotels, I've tried to weed out the ones where they were clearly sold out but some may have slipped through the net. It's always worth trying to check direct with the hotel to see if they can match/beat the web price as well. All prices exclude breakfast unless stated.

Montagu Place Hotel £132 (booking.com)
    Megaro Hotel £140 (lastminute non-secret)
    Darlington Hyde Park £159 (or £169 for a suite!) (booking.com)
    Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel £168 (alpharooms)
    Mint Hotel Westminster £165 b&b (easyclicktravel)
    Stylish Kensington hotel ideal for museums - Crowne Plaza Kensington £119 (lastminute secret)
    Milennium Bailey's £136 b&b (onhotels)
    Royal Park Hotel £164 b&b (tripsta)

Those were the best ones, now a bit more cheap and cheerful:
    Best Western the Cromwell £102 b&b (alpharooms)
    NH Kensington £103 b&b (hotelstayuk, follow kalico's link)
    Danubius Hotel Regents Park £104 b&b (olotels)
    Pestana Chelsea Bridge £111 (lastminute non-secret) - this is actually a v good hotel but the location is bad.
    Holiday Inn Kensington Forum £113 (hotelstayuk, follow kalico's link)
    Holiday Inn Camden £125 b&b (hotelstayuk, follow kalico's link)
    Superior Hotel next to Regent's Park - Melia White House £133 (lastminute secret)
    Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury £134 b&b (tripsta)
    Marriott Maida Vale £139 (hotelstayuk, follow kalico's link)

This was quite time-consuming, might have to start charging for some of the more detailed requests ;)
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    rubyjam wrote: »
    Hi, just started looking again for this weekend 26th & 27th March. I think I'm going slowly mad :p

I've narrowed it down to 3.

Thankyou, Pelican_eats_pigeon. Yes - Crowne Plaza Kensington is indeed offered at a great rate. Well - I think is is? Can somebody confirm that is is indeed the Plaza?

Stylish Kensington hotel ideal for museums - 4* - London
    Treat yourself to a stay in one of London's most elegant districts, don't be fooled by the architecture on the outside of this hotel, inside it is a modern haven with a couple of great restaurants, bar and a little extra area to relax in which not all hotels can offer! If you have any energy left after hitting the nearby shops and attractions you can find an onsite fitness centre.

I've also found The Kensington Hotel (best rate booked direct with hotel) which costs a little more does look lovely ... very tempting.

Also, last minute also have a good deal for the Royal Park Hotel (near Lancaster Gate on the other side of Hyde Park) which for some reason is more expensive to book as a Top Secret Hotel than a named one. I orginally decided to stay in Kensington so this one isn't exactly in the right place - but again it looks like a lovely hotel. Does anyone know anything about the area? or should I stick to Kensington? (We're going to the Royal Albert Hall).

Before I finally decide and book it does anyone know which hotel this is?

Amazing Rates-near Buckingham Palace & Theatres - 4* - London
    A superb four-star deluxe modern and contemporary hotel located minutes from popular historical places and Victoria underground. Within walking distance of some of London's main attractions including Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Hyde Park and Big Ben. Modern guestrooms and great facilities make this a very popular luxury hotel in the centre of London.

Sorry for rambling ... I'm thinking out loud!

Just to answer these questions first: Yes, the first one mentioned is the Crowne Plaza Kensington, was hoping for it to be a bit less than £109 at the weekend but never mind.

Royal Park Hotel: Lancaster Gate is basically a hotel district, the area is full of them. To get to the Albert Hall you just walk straight through Hyde Park but it's worth noting that it's closed after midnight. £119 I think is the lowest price I've seen it.

Amazing Rates-near Buckingham Palace & Theatres = Park Plaza Victoria. Good value at £95.32.

I'm doing a little search now to see what else I can find.
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Pelican_eats_pigeon Posts: 783 Forumite
    edited 22 March 2011 at 6:00PM
    Options
    These all exclude breakfast unless specified...

Radisson Edwardian Vanderbilt £101 (travelintelligence). Convenient for you but the decor is a bit old, some rooms a good size, apparently some also very small.

Park City Hotel £104 (ASDA). Really close to where you want to be and very good reviews, this should be one of your top choices.

Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum "An opportunity to stay in a great Kensington Hotel" £99 as a LM secret hotel. Also available for £108 b&b at hotelstayUK via kalico's link. Modern, bit basic, quite well located.

Park Plaza Victoria "Amazing Rates-near Buckingham Palace & Theatres" £95.32 (LM secret hotel). Good hotel, location is not Kensington but is surprisingly convenient in terms of getting to the Albert Hall. Definitely worth considering.

Hilton London Kensington "Upscale property in West London, Kensington" £103 (LM secret hotel). More Shepherd's Bush than Kensington but still convenient. Service really good, rooms smallish but recently refurbished. Worth considering.

Crowne Plaza London Kensington "Stylish Kensington hotel ideal for museums" £109 (LM secret). Very convenient, recently refurbished and generally good all-round feedback. Should also be one of your top choices.

Milennium Baileys £107 b&b (otel). Good price considering breakfast inclusive, good location, rooms need a bit of updating but still worth considering.

K West £107 b&b (hotelstayUK via kalico's link). Also Shepherd's Bush. Price reasonable, trendy design hotel with a lot of interesting parties, service is inconsistent.

Royal Park Hotel £119 (lastminute) Really good reviews, short walk across Hyde Park, good location for Oxford St.

Also, slightly further away from where you want to be:
    Mint Westminster £114 b&b (hotel pronto). Really good hotel, not too near the Albert Hall but not too difficult to get there, very convenient for other attractions around the river area.

Crowne Plaza Shoreditch £87 b&b (hotelstayUK via kalico's link). Nowhere near the area you want but the rate is so good I have to mention it.

Mint Tower of London £99 (hoteltopia) Again not at all the area you want, but again a good rate.
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    By the way I consider £126 a pretty good price for the Kensington Hotel.
  • ray_1989
    Options
    do you think it is too early to start looking for the 28th and 29th of May?? Need a hotel in central London preferably for my boyfriends 21st, I have already splashed out on rubgy tickets for England so was hoping to get quite a nice hotel for not so much. But im struggling!
    Any advise much appreciated.
  • edinburgh92
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a hotel, preferably 5* for this weekend in London. The more central the hotel is, the better, but i have a limit of about £145. Does anybody have any good suggestions?
    Thanks
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    ray_1989 wrote: »
    do you think it is too early to start looking for the 28th and 29th of May?? Need a hotel in central London preferably for my boyfriends 21st, I have already splashed out on rubgy tickets for England so was hoping to get quite a nice hotel for not so much. But im struggling!
    Any advise much appreciated.

What's your budget and what sort of standard of hotel are you looking for?
  • Microwave_Dinner
    Options
    I've been able to work them out sometimes if you can find the postcode listed in the details? Often narrows it down a lot.
    Armchair shopper and cook - albeit with a ready meal on my lap and "plates of meat" in a foot spa!!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    I've been able to work them out sometimes if you can find the postcode listed in the details? Often narrows it down a lot.

Pretty rare nowadays. In any case I think about 80% of the secret hotels in London are revealed here. I'm working on a little project that will try to avoid so many repeated requests for hotels that have already been revealed ;)
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    Washington Mayfair hotel has changed title to "Fabulous Find in West End", in case anyone wanders what this new arrival is.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback