BT Complaints & Escalation

Comments

• h4wlt
    h4wlt Posts: 1
    First Anniversary
    Same old story here, just thought I would join in the debate. I have an open compalint regarding over billing and poor installation by the engineer (he lifted my carpet and nailed the cable to the floor down the middle of the room)

Then I received my second bill and they had added £8 for BT sport which is advertised as free with the BT TV package (my signup documentation also states that this is free).

Supposed to be getting a call back today, I am doubtful. I was told on Tuesday by customer services, that the complaint I have open is due for review on or before the 28th (today) and that I will receive a call on or before today. . . . . . . . .

:eek: :mad:
  • abigis4
    abigis4 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hi David,

I am hoping you can help me with my complaint…

The email below is what I have sent on to BT. After further chasing telephone calls I was told that the reason our broadband was cancelled was due to "capacity issues". No contact was made about this so there was just an arbitrary cancellation. They appeared to think that our broadband had never worked which is not the case. The line appeared to be that we have no broadband because there was never any capacity and until engineers fix the problem then there would be no broadband. Had we known this to be the case before we moved then we would have gone with another provider.

BT advised that they would put the order through again but not until next week as the relevant departments won't get to it before the weekend.

We were offered a solution where we could buy a dongle but on reminding them that we were in an area where we do not have any network, they advised that it would not work.

I am now unable to work from home until the issue is resolved and there seems to be no urgency. I will therefore be returning home gone midnight every day and unable to have a home life. The same goes for my partner. I also suffer with anxiety and my ability to be in regular contact with people is essential for me. In an area where we have no 3G etc it is causing me distress not to have any communication link with my family or partner if I am home alone.

Why can the orders team not put the order through before next week?

Sorry that there is a lot to take in here.

Hoping you can help.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Abi

We were connected to broadband on 1 April 2016 in our new property. The broadband worked fine for two weeks. We then went on holiday for two weeks and returned on 1 May (bank holiday weekend) to find that there was no broadband service.

We live in an area where there is no 3G or 4G so we have no ability to call or use the internet. We were both required to work from home on the bank holiday Monday (2 May) and we work from home most evenings. We telephoned BT to ask to be reconnected to be told that our broadband was cancelled and no one was available to investigate this until after the bank holiday.

We both had to travel to our respective work places which is a significant distance so that we could work on bank holiday Monday with the use of wi fi. We have also had to stay late at work in the evenings whilst we still have no broadband.

We have tried to telephone on a daily basis to understand what has happened which seems to be a mistake by BT but no one has given us a sufficient response. I telephoned today and spoke to someone called Craig who was helpful and did call back but when he put me through to the person who was to update me, the line went dead. This is not an isolated incident- on 1 May the line went dead twice whilst I was mid conversation or being transferred and the same happened to my partner.

I am wholly unsatisfied and I and my partner have lost an inordinate amount of time on calling to fix the problem and having to travel to use broadband elsewhere so that we can work. Plus we still do not understand why the order was cancelled or when we will be reconnected.

Given that no one from the complaints or management department have made contact with me or my partner despite requesting a call back, I will be referring this matter to Ofcom.

Please can someone call me- [**************** ]as soon as possible to discuss this matter and offer some kind of explanation.

• abigis4
    abigis4 Posts: 4 Newbie
    StirlingBear your scenario is exactly the same as mine. What was the outcome? Thanks
  • Hi David

I've just attempted to send you a message but the system wouldn't allow it.

Can you advise how I contact you please

Thank you and regards

Karen
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Best method is through your BT account help pages and the Contact Us i find .
  • SELDNCraig
    SELDNCraig Posts: 9 Forumite
    Hi all,

This afternoon I was at my grandad's house and noticed his BT bill. He was being charged an obscene amount for his line rental, call package and broadband and furthermore, the bill said 'we have reviewed your package and can confirm that you are on the correct tariff'. It is clear when looking at the price, the usage and the other deals on offer that this is false. Effectively he'd been charged £175 over 3 months for one hours worth of phone calls and a couple of hours using the broadband to send emails.

My mum (his daughter) and I called BT immediately to rectify the situation and found them beyond useless. As well as cutting us off when we refused to be fobbed off, we were told that 'we don't have supervisors' when we asked to speak to one, and were also told that BT 'do not have a complaints department' (even though we pointed out that there is one listed on the bill).

With the nature of the complaint, I am keen that this gets dealt with. I am planning on writing to OFCOM and Trading Standards but am keen to give BT a chance to remedy the situation. Their call centre is not the route I wish to take and I'd prefer to not send this to a generic email account.

Has anyone got an emaila address for someone in BT that they have dealt with from the complaints side?

As my grandad has been a BT customer all his life, I am curious to see how long this has been going on for.

Thanks in advance

Craig
  • Hi. I am writing on here because i am at my wits end. I have found myself in a situation that beggars belief and has got more and more ridiculous.
    The very basics of my problem involve my elderly mother moving house within the same area code and number prefix and wanting to keep her old phone number. Sky were unable to provide this service so i phone BT. I set up a new account for my mother providing her with the not quite 100% promise of keeping her old number but i high likelihood. We set up internet, telephone and television. I was told it would require me to ring on the 18th of May to activate everything.
    Well, first my mother received a knock on the door from the farmer next door who had received her BT contract informing them that the telephone number for his house would be disconnected so he cancelled the order obviously. So back to the beginning. As my mother had now moved into her new house i found the phone line and plugged in a phone and rang BT. BT could not find the line i was talking to them on. I rang the people who owned the house my mother had bought and they told me they had had the line put in themselves by BT and had not only used it for two years but had received bills and a very good service.
    So i wrote to the chairmans office of BT and was told over several conversations that BT needed to put in a new line because the previous owner of the line had not given his one months cancellation notice and still owned the line.
    So now weeks later i have a twice weekly phone call from someone in the chairman's office who tells me she has passed the details to open reach who have finally located the line and related it directly to the new address but because the line is still being rented by the previous owner they have to install a new line.
    WHY??????? Just cut him off. My mother is over 70 and has had no phone number of her own, no internet and a very limited television service from freeview. I am so depressed that companies treat people so poorly that i wish i had never contacted them. Apparently BT own all the telephone cables in the UK. NOT THE ONE MY MOTHER HAS!!!
    I have had yet another pointless conversation this morning and fobbed off yet again until next Wednesday saying the engineers need more ducting and more room in the box to fit the line in. WHY???? Are they going to take the physical line out later or just have two going to my mothers house.
    I am so angry i cannot even express myself clearly but as i understand it this is all because the previous owner of the house does not want to pay a cancellation fee.
    They offered me a good will gesture today. I have no good will left just confusion and anger. If they offered me a new car i would turn it down. Damned if you do damned if you don't with BT.
  • I am having real problems with my BT Broadband May my broadband has been dropping for hours at a time. I have rang numerous times to the off shore technical support team who go through a useless script. I've tried a new Home Hub and still experiencing city outside for prolonged periods.

An engineer did come out and said that there were joint issues but even after the visit I'm having serious issues.

I've raised a formal complaint (VOL number) with BT and have had no one call me back .

I'm at wits end as no one at BT seems to be assistingood I'm told that they are monitoring and not to call back.

Has anyone got a suggestion?
  • Leave.

BT's customer service is dishonest. They invented calls on my account notes, calls which I never received and my records (and BT's own 1471 service) proved were never received.

Complaining to the Ombudsman was also useless as in order to accept their resolution I would also have had to accept BT's lies as true, something I was not prepared to do.
  • I've scrolled through all of the messages and I too have had a similar experience of BT's frankly appalling customer service over the past 10 months in my attempt to sort out numerous connection problems and finally a problem where I have now overpaid an invoice because they cut me off!!! BT have just issued me with a deadlock letter, so I will be taking the matter to Ofcom - whether I get any support there, I don't know, but it's the principle.

My advice to anyone reading this is LEAVE BT as soon as you can.

They are a company who do business in a way that is dishonest and use bullying tactics to deal with the thousands of complaints they currently receive. And as they believe they are running a monopoly, we as customers have absolutely no leverage whatsoever. Even if as I did - I wrote to the CEO and Chairman themselves - complaints get palmed off to a department called "Executive Complaints" who are just as useless and unhelpful as the rest of the company.

Conclusion - use another service provider and recommend that all your friends and family do the same - ultimately it will be the numbers of customers leaving BT which will finally get this AWFUL company to wake up and take responsibility for their appalling service - or lack of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure