Potential Employers & Credit Check

Options
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum
But can potential employers see defaults on a credit check or do they see basic info such as address, ccj or bankruptcy?

Thanks

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Would depend on the checks the employer carries out I bet.

Some could just use it to identify you eg check your address history or check you don't have debts which would make you susceptible to being open to abide eg in the financial sector.
  • chokolat2
    chokolat2 Posts: 438 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks
    Just wondered if I should be worried about 2 defaults on my account.
    Everywhere I read online gives me different answers and also a lot of advice saying not to volunter information that is not asked.
    Employer did say they want to check for ccjs and bankruptcy which I dont have but wondered if they will see the defaults.
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    chokolat2 wrote: »
    Thanks
    Just wondered if I should be worried about 2 defaults on my account.
    Everywhere I read online gives me different answers and also a lot of advice saying not to volunter information that is not asked.
    Employer did say they want to check for ccjs and bankruptcy which I dont have but wondered if they will see the defaults.

It all depends on your employer e.g. police, finance company etc. as they will be looking for different things. Who are you applying for a job with?

Although the last thing you want to do is lie and then get found out at a later date, just be honest. If they're not bothered about defaults then you are fine, however if they are - they would have discovered them anyway and you would likely have lost any potential position for lying.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure