* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Hugs to all the poorlies, I hope you start to feel better soon.
    Welcome to all the new and returning posters in the thread.
    I've spent the afternoon wrapping Christmas gifts as I'm taking them over to my mums tomorrow. So I feel a bit organinsed now.

It's half term here so trying to do some catching up and declittering a bi tip run yesterday and another one planned tomorrow.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Wow you are organised.

I have bought in & just piled them all up in the wardrobe!

Will do my wrapping when I have everything bought in.

Dxxx
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Just ordered ds1 a Haynes manual guide to surviving the zombie apocalypse off Amazon hadn't seen them before he's a fan of things like that so will be a nice surprise gift.
    Added some daisy perfume for ds2s gf to my list.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh god, I always have the fear of a zombie apocalypse!

Dxxx
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Free Glad you are all feeling better after a terrible week of being poorly.

I've not scrolled right back through but is the craft theme stocking?
    Also, I remember seeing something about about Chirstmas card exchange and if we were going ahead? I've not idea what or how you do it but I'm in :) ...if we are doing one.

I'm sure my cold has got worse as last night I had to sleep with two pillows to keep me propped up so I could breath :( hoping to be on the mend very soon as I've got a ball/gala thing on Friday and it's all fancy/long dresses and could do without sniffling all over the place :eek:
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    newthrift the theme for ''tis months craft challenge is stocking.
    Haven't seen if the card exchange is a goer, but I'd also be up for it if we are doing one.
    SPC~12 ot 124

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm not very crafty but I am up for a card exchange!

Dxxx
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks MrsM :)
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Just ordered ds1 a Haynes manual guide to surviving the zombie apocalypse off Amazon hadn't seen them before he's a fan of things like that so will be a nice surprise gift.
    Added some daisy perfume for ds2s gf to my list.

Bought one last night in Sainsburys for my mum, Guide to Pensioners!
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Hugs for those feeling grotty, please don't be like Free's family, caring & sharing! Only joking Free, you all seem to having an extra rough time at moment.

I am not in the slightest bit arty, so looking for suggestions. The charity I am involved in will be having a fundraiser the Sunday before Christmas. Raffle & prizes sorted, but on the day, we will be having a table top sale, but this time we plan on having inexpensive Christmas gifts, ideally practical and limited, so those buying will know that not many others will have them. I am going to make fudge, have bought little shopping baskets to make up manicure sets (all contents ordered on bay of fleas), have small Santa pants to fill as Winter pamper kits (sachet of hot chocolate, cappucino, tic tacs, lip balm, pack of tissues and other little bits). However, now I am stuck, have red velvet ribbon which I am going to use to make book marks, have got the clamps for each end, but what can I put on the clamp to make them look pretty. Was thinking about putting a bell (well it is Christmas!) on one end, but what on the other, did think about nice wooden button, but not sure on how it would look. Over to the crafty ones!
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure