Mystery Shopping Thread 23 *PLEASE READ THE OP FIRST**PLEASE NO CLIENT NAMES OR FEES

Options

Comments

• HeavensDevil
    Options
    I think a good rule of thumb is to work out how much you'd earn on an hourly basis. For example, if preparing for a shop, doing it, making notes afterwards then submitting the report takes two hours, you'd want to be paid at least £12 so that it meets national minimum wage. Some of RA's jobs would require you to be a speed reader, speed typer and live next door to the shop in order to meet NMW!
  • polythenegirl
    Options
    Big_Graeme wrote: »
    Nope, anything alcoholic. I just buy a couple of beers.

Or one of the small, one glass, bottles of wine - perfect for cooking :)
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mimi1234 wrote: »
    Woohoo. Managed to bag the slapper me and Sarah Leigh take turns at. With the alcohol purchase, what does everyone buy? I don't drink and always struggle. Must one purchase a bottle of wine?

I usually buy a 4 pack of their own brand Pilsner lager. Costs about £2.70 but I'm happy having 4 cans for 70p.;) I might try some of that brew DP James has recommended. In my younger days that kind of stuff would be referred to as a leg opener:eek::A
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Did anyone do the latest Postal Audit for GFK and make note of what to do if the pack arrives after you've sent in the report?
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have done some of the low paying station jobs for RA but ones where I can get lunch or tea out of it with the reimbursement and it's the station I travel through each day.

With the electronics job, as already stated you can't buy anything for the reimbursement, it usually takes forever to try and get MOS to interact with and the report whilst mainly tick boxes is still going to take 30 mins to complete inc uploading the pics. So for me, they are not something I'm going to apply for.
  • kst101
    kst101 Posts: 812 Forumite
    Options
    susie-sue wrote: »
    Did anyone do the latest Postal Audit for GFK and make note of what to do if the pack arrives after you've sent in the report?

Mine came yesterday and was late. Inside the envelope, the letter tells you what to do - you need to email GFK with the specific wording on the letter and still send the thing back to them in the envelope provided. Must post my back - took it out with me today and it's still here now...
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    kst101 wrote: »
    Mine came yesterday and was late. Inside the envelope, the letter tells you what to do - you need to email GFK with the specific wording on the letter and still send the thing back to them in the envelope provided. Must post my back - took it out with me today and it's still here now...

Doh! I should have read the letter - oops! I have a pile of mail that arrived yesterday to be dealt with, I didn't have time to read the letter properly :o

Thanks kst101
  • kst101
    kst101 Posts: 812 Forumite
    Options
    MysteryMe wrote: »
    I have done some of the low paying station jobs for RA but ones where I can get lunch or tea out of it with the reimbursement and it's the station I travel through each day.

With the electronics job, as already stated you can't buy anything for the reimbursement, it usually takes forever to try and get MOS to interact with and the report whilst mainly tick boxes is still going to take 30 mins to complete inc uploading the pics. So for me, they are not something I'm going to apply for.

I have done the electronics one when I was doing other shops in that area. And had confirmation from RA that you could have a reimbursement of up to 5 times the figure being said here. I actually did manage to find something for the original figure though - a thing you can scrape sticker residue off with :rotfl:
  • misssarahleigh
    misssarahleigh Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Options
    mimi1234 wrote: »
    Woohoo. Managed to bag the slapper me and Sarah Leigh take turns at. With the alcohol purchase, what does everyone buy? I don't drink and always struggle. Must one purchase a bottle of wine?
    DPJames wrote: »
    CT-FULL-RANGE-LOW.jpg

Mimi, I always get one of these. I don't drink much in the house, but these are just like fruit juice.

Big 70cl bottle for less than £2. They're lovely first thing in the morning before taking the kids to school in the car.

Only joking of course.

I'll have the red or orange one please

Or the strawberry and lime cider with the funny name beginning with an R.
    http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268732800&sc_cmp=pcp_GSF_67984495

Keep them and I'll buy them off you £1 a go. You win, I win

BTW, Post 300 has the client name in but nobody seems to have noticed?
    I get what i want. That isn't because i'm a brat or spoilt. It's because i'm determined, i work hard for it and i achieve my goals!
  • DPJames
    DPJames Posts: 999 Forumite
    Options
    BTW, Post 300 has the client name in but nobody seems to have noticed?

:T
    Please tell me that's not a serious comment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure