Mystery Shopping Thread 23 *PLEASE READ THE OP FIRST**PLEASE NO CLIENT NAMES OR FEES

Options

Comments

• mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Woohoo. Managed to bag the slapper me and Sarah Leigh take turns at. With the alcohol purchase, what does everyone buy? I don't drink and always struggle. Must one purchase a bottle of wine?
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I bought some alcoholic Ginger Beer the last time - scrummy!
  • Big_Graeme
    Big_Graeme Posts: 3,220 Forumite
    Options
    mimi1234 wrote: »
    Must one purchase a bottle of wine?

Nope, anything alcoholic. I just buy a couple of beers.
  • HeavensDevil
    Options
    Big_Graeme wrote: »
    So, it is OK to name a MS co, the client and the fee but not a random supermarket, pfff.

I'm really not sure why you've started on me, I simply politely pointed out that someone accidently broke a rule - it happens quite often and the other people who point it out get nothing, other than perhaps an 'oops, sorry' from the unwitting perpetrator. Why have you never given those people flack?

Obviously DPJames has broken the rule too, but I don't think asking him to remove the offending parts would get me anywhere :p It's a little uncomfortable to read in an open setting, knowing how strongly the admin, companies and clients are against it, but I see where he's coming from - like I said, I just wouldn't do it myself!
  • DPJames
    DPJames Posts: 999 Forumite
    Options
    CT-FULL-RANGE-LOW.jpg

Mimi, I always get one of these. I don't drink much in the house, but these are just like fruit juice.

Big 70cl bottle for less than £2. They're lovely first thing in the morning before taking the kids to school in the car.

Only joking of course.
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the tips peeps. Oh and DPJames, cheers mate, I've never found a bottle for less than the reimbursed amount, so thank you. I won't be spending £5 on a bottle of wine this time. Yay!
  • HeavensDevil
    Options
    someone wrote: »
    I've taken one of these, don't normally take such s*it fees but I am already doing the shop next door. Not taken the other one I am driving past anyway (yup driving past) as it's just not worth it.

Going to consider if to release it in my own time. (They only get the quality of service that they are paying for).

That's precisely how I define a bad fee - if I wouldn't do it even if I was walking/driving past the place anyway. Most RA fees come under this category, unfortunately.
  • Beki88
    Beki88 Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Although I must confess, whilst I wouldn't do it myself, I'm not entirely against DPJames' earlier post - RA should be embarrassed by their paltry fees, and newbies need to know that these are not normal or acceptable figures. And the client must already know what the shopper ultimately gets paid/reimbursed, musn't they?
    I am a newbie and have no idea what is normal or acceptable. A lot of the jobs I have done have paid less than £5 (normally less than £4 thinking about it). But I thought if I get them done then it's a chance to get my foot in the door.

Everything will be ok in the end, and if it isn't ok then it isn't the end :)
  • mskitten2904
    Options
    Beki88 wrote: »
    I am a newbie and have no idea what is normal or acceptable. A lot of the jobs I have done have paid less than £5 (normally less than £4 thinking about it). But I thought if I get them done then it's a chance to get my foot in the door.

I don't know about everyone else but I tend to be fussy with fees, I try to stick with higher fees only and string a circuit from them. I also agree with DPJ about RA :)
  • HeavensDevil
    Options
    Beki88 wrote: »

I think that's the common thought - unfortunately, it won't really help you move on to bigger and better things with Faster Finger First companies such as RA. If a company that chooses from a group of applicants for a job (e.g. those that use the Sassie system) offered poorer paying jobs like these, then I'd contemplate doing them to build a reputation with them, but they're decent enough to provide a respectable wage to all, long-term or new.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure