PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Recommendation - Soup Container for Work

Options
Apologies if this is on the wrong board. I wasn't quite sure where to post this.

Having had my lunchtime soup leak yet again I am looking for recommendations for a good soup carrier for work. Needs to be freezer proof and ideally dishwasher safe as well.

Thank you.
GC: Feb (16th Jan - 15th Feb) £46.25 / £50 :)
Mar (16th Feb - 15th Mar) £61.96 / £70

Comments

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi Superrhinos

I take soup to work most days and use sistema soup mugs, I find them great, I fill em up, bung em in the freezer and take them to work frozen, then microwave at lunchtime - dishwasher safe too

They had 2 for £5.99 in Ald! recently :)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    I have used a Sistema soup mug but if I am taking soup or hot food then I usually use a thermos food flask which has a wide neck and is stainless steel.
  • Is this home made soup, then we use the containers, plastic, from the Chinese takeaway. They leak the least!

And for home made veg soup.

Four carrots, chopped.
    Onion, saut!ed.
    Any other root
    Celery to fill pot!
    Can of plum toms
    Add water to cover veg
    Add Tom pur!e to taste
    Add chilli, peppers, basil to taste.

Blitz when cooked.

Add spinach, about five clumps.

Makes about ten servings. Serve hot with homemaid bread!
  • superrhinos
    Options
    Is this home made soup, then we use the containers, plastic, from the Chinese takeaway. They leak the least!

And for home made veg soup.

Four carrots, chopped.
    Onion, saut!ed.
    Any other root
    Celery to fill pot!
    Can of plum toms
    Add water to cover veg
    Add Tom pur!e to taste
    Add chilli, peppers, basil to taste.

Blitz when cooked.

Add spinach, about five clumps.

Makes about ten servings. Serve hot with homemaid bread!

It is homemade soup but your recipe sounds lovely and one I will be trying.
    GC: Feb (16th Jan - 15th Feb) £46.25 / £50 :)
    Mar (16th Feb - 15th Mar) £61.96 / £70
  • Maitane
    Maitane Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    I also swear by the Sistema tupperwares because my OH and I use them for breakfast, lunch and two snacks. A couple of days a week, I even have to use them for dinner too.
    We use the soup mugs, the noodle and oatmeal bowls and the steamer tupperwares. The steamer tupperwares are great for chicken and veg and the noodle and oatmeal bowls are great for chunky soups and other leftovers for lunch.
    "We always find something, hey Didi, to give us the impression we exist?" Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot.
    DFW Club number 1212 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • evie451
    evie451 Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Maitane wrote: »
    I also swear by the Sistema tupperwares because my OH and I use them for breakfast, lunch and two snacks. A couple of days a week, I even have to use them for dinner too.
    We use the soup mugs, the noodle and oatmeal bowls and the steamer tupperwares. The steamer tupperwares are great for chicken and veg and the noodle and oatmeal bowls are great for chunky soups and other leftovers for lunch.

Maitane beat me to it another vote for Sistema noodle and soup bowls. I have a few now bought as Amazon add ons, TK Maxx sometimes have them too and Morrisons were doing an offer couple of weeks back....They freeze fine with the soup inside and I have never had the soup cup leak on me....:D
    Every Penny's a prisoner :T
  • ilovemygarden
    Options
    the Sistema noodle bowls are cheaper than the soup mugs in Sainsburys at the moment
  • Alisha2008
    Alisha2008 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I use Sistema, but the 3 I have have developed some kind of white marks on the inside, I'm not sure if it's the microwave or the dishwahser.. but I don't think they are ideal to put in the microwave and dishwahser. I've been looking for glass ones, but they are difficult to find and the ones I've found are expensive.
  • honeythewitch
    Options
    The only type I have used that haven't failed are "Lock and Lock" which are almost always quite cheap in TKMaxx.
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    We have always used a vacuum flask for soup and find that the Wilko own brand ones keep it hot for twelve hours.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills