Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I'm turning 37 next week :D Like, in real life, not just in my head :rotfl: In my head though? Not sure. I think I've always felt like I was in my mid 30s, and now I *am* in my mid 30s I'm not so sure :o :rotfl: Struggling to come to terms with the recent appearance of grey hair over my ears though :eek: always thought i'd be ok with it but it turns out I'm not :o :eek: :rotfl: :o
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yay to being 37 :j

I sympathise with the grey hair, Cheery - maybe hair dye is safe these days? My genetics gave me, not only grey hair, but a predisposition to skin cancer - far too many cases in my family to think of dyeing my hair back when I was 37 :cool: I bet the formulations are better nowadays.

I've just been watching a cat patrolling my garden, very precise, very deliberate - there's a few piles of rubbish waiting to be burned :o and he sniffed and investigated everything. Cats definitely do that thing of sharing territory by patrolling at different times of day. Another one sits attentively at the front, hidden by the bins, but thats first thing in the morning. Cat politics, I love them.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    But KC, we know that grey hair rocks, don't we :T:T:T
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 18 April 2017 at 8:21AM
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    But KC, we know that grey hair rocks, don't we :T:T:T

It certainly does, gallygirl:T:j

I've never felt so liberated since I stopped dying my hair last year:j. I dyed it for the past 30 years (with all the expense!) and as it grows ridiculously quickly I was forever having the worry of touching up the roots. I don't imagine really tall people need to worry so much but being only 5ft 1 everyone looks down on my head:eek:. The worst part was growing out the colour, the 'tidemark' look wasn't very attractive but as it grows very quickly as I already mentioned it didn't take all that long to get rid of it for good. I did it over the winter when I could get away with wearing a woolly hat whenever I was out and about;).

I've always had my hair fairly longish but to get rid of the very last vestiges of colour I had it cut really short to leave it just grey and silver. I love it, it's a nice colour not just pepper and salt, and I wish I'd had the courage to do it sooner.

I still get a bit of a shock though when I suddenly catch sight of myself in a large mirror or reflected in a windowpane. I still can't reconcile the fact that I really am an 'old' lady:eek:. I might be a pensioner but I still have my health and lots of energy and feel about 25 inside:j. I hope I never grow up:rotfl:
  • gallygirl
    Options
    I love it, it's a nice colour not just pepper and salt, and I wish I'd had the courage to do it sooner.

I still get a bit of a shock though when I suddenly catch sight of myself in a large mirror or reflected in a windowpane. I still can't reconcile the fact that I really am an 'old' lady:eek:. I might be a pensioner but I still have my health and lots of energy and feel about 25 inside:j. I hope I never grow up:rotfl:
    Me too, I love my hair colour for the first time in my life :T. And I have had so many compliments on it (and love saying 'thanks, I grew it myself ':rotfl:). Nothing to do with being a pensioner, I'm a long way off it, anyway it's really trendy :D.
    Save
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Nothing to do with being a pensioner, I'm a long way off it, anyway it's really trendy :D.
    Save

I know it's trendy for younger people to 'go grey' but I'm not so sure it's all that trendy for an OAP:eek:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :rotfl: grey hair *does* rock, GG and CBC - in fact, someone commented to me that they thought I'd had lo-lites done, thats how good it looked :D

Nothing whatsoever mse is going on today - apart from taking a packed lunch with me when I go see the Flying Scotsman :j In fact, I've been so lax about taking things out of the dishwasher (things aren't very dry, so I put them to drain bit by bit, and gradually lose the will to do it :p) I had to put it on again, but I'm sure it was only a half load really :p

Yougov, that was good - I'm over 4,000 now. And I just paid a cc. Whoop de doo. I much prefer thinking about the train :j
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Exciting! Have a great day.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • gallygirl
    Options
    I saw the Flying Scotsman a few years ago, I was SO excited, it stopped at our local station to take on water and I was right next to it :D. Just looked though and can't find the pics :(.

Have a great time KC, shake an underskirt and shout 'Daddy. my daddy' as it goes past ;)
    Save
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

Have a great time KC, shake an underskirt and shout 'Daddy. my daddy' as it goes past ;)
    Save

Having a Jenny Agutter moment gg?
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport