Did Aquacard just damaged my credit rating? Please help

Options

Comments

• eldaniel
    eldaniel Posts: 254 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    red98 wrote: »
    What are the new account details for aqua then? I've got 80-20-45 00213765 from my June statement which I assume are the old ones.

The numbers which I have got - new and old are completely different to your one. So no idea how many different account numbers they have.
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have always used the company search function with both First Direct and Santander online banking to find Aqua. These numbers are different to the new ones, but it worked on 7th July when I last tried, after the change. Now I don't know what to do, as some people have reported failed payments to these new details.

I hesitate to say this as I wouldn't like to cause unnecessary worry, but I too find this post alarming. I might make my payment with a debit card this month, as there is very little doubt that this will go astray.
  • interstellaflyer
    Options
    I think it's worth watching Aqua like a hawk, my experience with them is that they like to try and trip you up, I had an issue with them claiming I'd made a late payment when in fact, I'd payed on the day the statement was issued and had the evidence to prove it, it seems their system can't handle people who pay up too quickly, if you pay on the day the statement is issued the payment counts as an extra payment on the previous months account, the guy who phoned me from their collections department was rude and aggressive and would not accept that I'd payed on time, pretty much "computer says' no" However, I put in a complaint via customer services and got it sorted, I even got the pending credit limit increase and nothing showed on my credit file. I would advise anyone who has been stung by this poorly advertised bank account change, play hell with customer services because this problem is down to Aqua.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
  • interstellaflyer
    Options
    Great, trying to pay my account by faster payments and the system says' the bank account details don't exist.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Great, trying to pay my account by faster payments and the system says' the bank account details don't exist.

Better than your money flying into the unknown! Like I posted elsewhere, I think that debit card online is the best way to pay this month.
  • interstellaflyer
    Options
    Herbalus wrote: »
    Better than your money flying into the unknown! Like I posted elsewhere, I think that debit card online is the best way to pay this month.

I paid by debit card in the end, I was just pointing out the the new bank details given to me by Aqua don't work.
  • Little_Gem
    Little_Gem Posts: 67 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's worrying my direct debit is due to come out on Friday, anybody had any issues with direct debits to Aqua from Natwest?
  • eldaniel
    Options
    my friend is with Natwest I believe and few days ago he said everything is ok so far, but not sure when his payment is
  • eldaniel
    edited 16 July 2013 at 2:31PM
    Options
    By the way - which financial body is monitoring practices of companies like Aquacard? Is it Ombudsman?
    Also, do they have a duty to disclose to me which CRA they are reporting to?
    Thanks
  • Uplink
    Uplink Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The new Aqua account, as stated here is
    1. aqua Sort Code 30-00-00
    2. aqua Account Number 00282448
    This same account appears on the statement I got after the website upgrade. This change was made in stealth mode. I found out about it only because an eagle eyed forum user noticed it. I've changed my payment details, and I've made two successful payments into this new account so far.

They've failed to collect my latest DD for no reason, but they can't slap me with a late payment fee because I had paid the statement balance early. They haven't responded to my online inquiry about the failed collection, and other people say that Aqua hasn't responded to their online queries either.

My perception of Aqua being a "credit demolisher" card is many months old now :) and the latest bs only adds to that perception.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure