Ebay,some sellers over charging for P&P

Options
2»

Comments

• Exile_geordie
    Exile_geordie Posts: 5,094 Forumite
    Options
    bap98189 wrote: »
    So what? It's not as though the delivery charge is hidden. The same applies - if you don't like the delivery charge, don't bid for it.

Read their post again. The OP has stated that its across the board that sellers are charging such an extortionate rate for the express delivery option and the OP has said that the reality is that they could send the same thing for a tenner.

That is what the OP is asking about, nothing to do with the choice of being able to purchase it elsewhere.
    Dont rock the boat
    Dont rock the boat ,baby
  • philatio
    philatio Posts: 676 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You may not have read teh OP properly. Its not the price of the item that troubles them it is the price of the postage.
    If you dont read a post properly then dont post a reply.

I did read the OP properly.

If you don't understand how eBay works.. don't post a reply.

The price you are agreeing to pay if you bid/buy is the item price plus the postage. If you think that combined price is too much, DON'T BUY IT.
    It's not rocket science.
  • SpammyTheSpammer
    Options
    Deja Vu....
    Deja Vu....
    Deja Vu....

All over again......
    I am a cow so cannot speak Bullshine but I do recognise its smell when I come upon it.
  • topdaddy_2
    topdaddy_2 Posts: 1,408 Forumite
    Options
    Read their post again. The OP has stated that its across the board that sellers are charging such an extortionate rate for the express delivery option and the OP has said that the reality is that they could send the same thing for a tenner.

That is what the OP is asking about, nothing to do with the choice of being able to purchase it elsewhere.

You dont seem to understand ebay. If you dont like the price dont buy. This goes for delivery and the purchase price. It really isnt difficult.
  • mattyprice4004
    Options
    You honestly think sellers shouldn't be able to charge more than it costs them?
    The clue is is in the term P&P - Postage AND PACKAGING.
    Also time to go to the Post Office, petrol to get there... none of this is free. You're clearly not a business-minded person :)
  • barryboris
    Options
    topdaddy wrote: »
    You dont seem to understand ebay. If you dont like the price dont buy. This goes for delivery and the purchase price. It really isnt difficult.

Agree with this. It is not rocket science.

1. If you are happy to pay it, then pay it.
    2. If you aren't, then shop elsewhere.

Simples
  • Bantex_2
    Bantex_2 Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    Options
    barryboris wrote: »
    Agree with this. It is not rocket science.

1. If you are happy to pay it, then pay it.
    2. If you aren't, then shop elsewhere.

Simples
    Why do so many seem to have a problem with this simple concept? I just do not understand the problem.
  • kwmlondon
    kwmlondon Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    Options
    If you live a long way from a post office and it's very inconvenient for you to send an item then the price it costs you to send it may be higher than someone who makes a daily trip to the post office.

Some companies include P&P or factor in delivery as part of the price (Curry's) others don't (buy a fridge from Boots and you'll pay a delivery charge). When you compare prices just factor the postage costs in.

I can't see why anyone would complain about this. You see a price. You see a postage delivery cost. You make a decision and buy whatever suits you best.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    When I see stuff on the bay I just include P&P in the cost and then list it as free P&P. Then I am free to choose how and when I post it and with which ever courier I choose with the most convenient option to me. It also saves all the tit for tat about over charging for P&P from buyers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure