Warning - Noddle (callcredit) the 'free' credit check that isn't

Options

Comments

• justmonti
    Options
    I tried to join Noodle and callcredit for my reports. Wish I had seen this first. they were both unable to verify who I was so would not let me see my report yet between them they have taken £4.05 from my card. Neither are replying to messages. It may not seem like a lot but it's money I can't afford to waste, when I get nothing in return. I knew I should have stuck with experian.
  • justmonti
    Options
    rubenstine wrote: »
    Experian are not nice people they are the same as the rest
    just trying to make money .Their free credit report is what it says ,but for excisting customers ,they are forced to pay for
    identity fraud protection when just wanting to check their file
    how they are allowed to do this is quite beyoind belief nothing
    more than a scam .A licencse to print money and who pays?in
    8O % of the cases people will be checking their file because they need credit ,having to fork out 14.99 is not helping anyone.

You can syill get a £2 Experian report, you just need to wait for it to come in the post. Search their site for paper report.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,868 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    justmonti wrote: »
    I tried to join Noodle and callcredit for my reports. Wish I had seen this first. they were both unable to verify who I was so would not let me see my report yet between them they have taken £4.05 from my card. Neither are replying to messages. It may not seem like a lot but it's money I can't afford to waste, when I get nothing in return. I knew I should have stuck with experian.
    Have they taken money or put a reserve on the funds ? IIRC noddle reserve a small amount as part of the sign up process which then drops off as normal.
  • fuisdale5
    fuisdale5 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Worst customer service experience ever. Wish I didn't have an issue I have to resolve with them 2 months and continuous emails nothing. It might be free and I guess that's the service you receive! !
  • foxwales
    foxwales Posts: 590 Forumite
    Options
    I've been using Noddle for a few months, haven't been charged and am very happy with the information they provide.

What I think many are getting caught out by is that you can purchase a more detailed report and credit score at cost which is in addition to the free report they provide.

I think it's more of a case that some people haven't read the available options and have been subsequently charged.
  • newatthis13
    newatthis13 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    Actually I was very careful what I clicked on etc and I have had £24 quid taken over 2 seperate months spaced out. It seems that when I click on "see my free report" on an email that they send me, it seems to generate a licence for them to start taking money from my bank account.
    I never gave them any details but used to belong to Call credit so they have linked me somehow.
    This is a racket that needs to be exposed!:mad:
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    fuisdale5 wrote: »
    Worst customer service experience ever. Wish I didn't have an issue I have to resolve with them 2 months and continuous emails nothing. It might be free and I guess that's the service you receive! !

I wonder why di you need a customer service. Are you trying to correct any of incorrect information ?? FO rthis you will need to contact CallCredit, not Noodle.

To get free Credit report access onine people just need to register and apply via Noodle (not Call Credit) online.

I have been using it for almost a year now and I have not got any charge to this date ....
  • karrlai
    karrlai Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I've had my Noddle account for over a year & never been charged. Plus they had details of an incorrect CCJ which was mistakenly issued to me & they corrected it on my report within 30 days - I just clicked the appropriate link & supplied the information asked. They got back to me via email for some other details and once verified, took it off no hassle at all.

They do keep asking if I want the credit score and the protecting credit fraud thing for a fee but I just ignore it. I'm signed up to this & Experian so I've covered most bases I think.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Do people notice here, Those people who discredit Noddle
    fuisdale5, justmonti
    creates a new ID just to post their messages.

As usual, they will say I have been visiting this forum just as observers, generic answer
  • Money-Saving-King
    Options
    karrlai wrote: »
    I've had my Noddle account for over a year & never been charged. Plus they had details of an incorrect CCJ which was mistakenly issued to me & they corrected it on my report within 30 days - I just clicked the appropriate link & supplied the information asked. They got back to me via email for some other details and once verified, took it off no hassle at all.

Yep same. I've been using them for over a year and no charge, I doubt it's I'm lucky, I just read what I'm agreeing to!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure