Egg Card PPI Claim - Where To Send?

Options

Comments

• Zobo13
    Options
    I wrote to Barclays with regards to my Egg credit card requesting a copy of my agreement and they sent a letter back saying they will not be sending me a copying and thats the end of it (more or less) can they do this?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes if your account is closed.

You need the account number or CC number to make a complaint , not the agreement.

If you need info about your credit card, you send £10 and a SAR [ see the template on the front page]
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • JoeMac_2
    Options
    Hi,

I had an egg card, and it was transferred to Barclaycard, had a run-in with them as I had a statement from them for £50 which I argued out and managed to get a refund.

I would like to see if I am entitled to a refund of PPI.

Can I still do this?
  • Jb_1982
    Jb_1982 Posts: 68 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone had any success with this old topic?
  • Holywell
    Options
    I had egg card opened in 2003 which transferred to barclaycard and account is still open. I wrote to Canada Square with dsar request so was equipped with the facts. I received info on egg loans from them and egg card statements etc. I made complaint to barclaycard for ppi mis sold on egg card - upheld 6k to me. Complaint made to canada square for mis sold ppi on egg loan which was upheld alost another 3k refunded. Please do not use cmc do it yourself it's straight forward. The complaint I made to Canada Square was made in writing and received cheque within 3 weeks of posting complaint. Barclaycard refund paid just within the 8 week period. :j
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jb_1982 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any success with this old topic?

Egg customers depending on when the account was closed either went to Barclaycard or Citibank (Canada Square Operations). You need to establish which you had before you complain
  • steve_swift
    Options
    Hi I had a egg credit card and had an egg loan both had insurance on them and both were invalid as I was self employed at the time. I do not have any of the agreements and have gone through paperwork and have been able to find 1 egg account number which im not sure if is either the credit card or the loan. I have read on the thread that the egg customers were moved to both barclaycard and citybank. Is there a way of finding this out? And with only 1 account would I be able to claim for both the credit card and the loan?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you have no details, send a SAR to egg/canada square operations....
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • steve_swift
    Options
    would they hold information though if its on an old card/loan from over 10 years ago? Like I said I do have 1 account number which i think is from the Credit Card.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    would they hold information though if its on an old card/loan from over 10 years ago? Like I said I do have 1 account number which i think is from the Credit Card.

Only way you will find out is if you ask, nobody else knows. Some keep older records, some don't. If your account was closed before Egg was sold it's possible they wouldn't transfer them

By the way PPI usually did cover self-employed people, it's a claims company myth that it didn't. It's only a miss-sale if they didn't cover you or the conditions were so onerous that you couldn't claim without say dissolving the business which the FOS don't like
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure