PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A nearly-new 3/4 sleeve navy and white stripy New Look top with a pink ribbon/bow sewn around the neck for £3 and a blue & white stripy chiffon fabric flower for hair or brooch £1
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • AlwaysAllie
    AlwaysAllie Posts: 558 Forumite
    First Post Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Recently a top (East/Anokhi) for £4 and on Friday a Seasalt top for £3.25 - both in great condition and retail for c£30 new. :j

AA
  • Suzexxx
    Suzexxx Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all :)

Picked up 4 Jacqueline Wilson books from Sense Kidderminster today for £1.80 in total. They were having a half price sale on books, loads of books on a table at the front and for 50p i can't complain.

Saw a few other things, but didnt have any spare cash so if they're still there tomorrow i'll get them :)

Suze x
    2015 wins :j Sekonda watch, Harry Potter hardback book,
  • flumpster67
    flumpster67 Posts: 166 Forumite
    Options
    Just found this thread, I love reading about everyones bargains. Have been out and about last week and over the weekend as have a wedding next week, and nothing to wear (or so I say!) and a very sparse working wardrobe. Rooting about in various shops I got 2 Alexon dresses(different shops), one still with £140 tag on, for £9 each, will decide which one will be for wedding and sell other later, as I have seen similar on ebay in mother of bride section for £70 upwards. Managed to find gorgeous Autograph shoes that complement them for £3.50. Very pleased with that.

Looking for smart/casual clothes for work I found a pair of black LK Bennett wide legged trousers for 99p, perfect fit, 3 skirts, 1 Autograph, 1 Monsoon and 1 Phase Eight, 2 smart tops (both M&S), and a pretty Monsoon cardi, all for less than £13. My bargain had to be a cute chanel style Monsoon tweed skirt suit for £4 and a pair of leather Carvela ballet pumps,unworn, also for £4.:T

I love it when a plan comes together, makes up for all the times rummaging about in the misshapen, washed out primarni stuff, when I come away with nothing. I would say 90% of my wardrobe is charity or ebay, and I like to think that I am well put together!?:rotfl:
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    mandragora wrote: »
    My name is Mandragora, and I am an addict. I know this now because we've just been on a camping holiday on the French mediterranean coast, and one of the highlights for me was a 'vide grenier' in the local town. Yes. I will admit it. I had a scavenge, and am now the proud owner of an Art Deco art glass triangular fruit bowl. It's the sort of thing you see the experts sometimes pick up on the tv shows where they buy stuff to sell on at a profit. I love art glass, but it was far too big, fragile, impractical and silly to buy on a camping holiday, so I left it. Then Himself said 'Well, at least ask the price', and, expecting the answer to be about £10-30 (and the price limit I'd set myself was around the £7 mark), when the stall holder turned to the old lady sitting next to her and said 'Maman? Combien veut-tu?' and the reply came 'Deux?' I'm afraid that for two euros it just had to be mine, no matter how impractical or inconvenient a purchase it was. The hardest thing of all was that there was soooooo much lovely stuff there that I had to leave behind.

Im going to France in August, just hope I manage to drag everyone out to a market or vide grenier. There wont be much room as small car plus 2 teenagers and 2 adults but Ill manage to bring SOMETHING back!
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • Blether
    Blether Posts: 273 Forumite
    Options
    Was on holiday last week and visited the Strathcarron Hospice shop in Callendar Main Street. They had loads of lovely clothes and a lot that would suit mother of the bride or guest outfits. Some were new and would guess that they had been handed in by a shop as last season. If you are in the Trossachs area call in as I am sure you would like their stuff. As I had my OH with me I didn't get time for a good rummage and it is too far from home to go on my own.
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,915 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    All packed and ready for my holibobs but with a little time to kill I decided on a last minute trip to my local hospice shop. Wot should I find but a suitcase weighing thingymajig....brand new in the box for 75p. Got home and weighed my case with the new gadget....3 kilos over the allowance :mad: Aaaaaarrgghh!
  • seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Having last posted on this thread about a year ago after my husband had got some William Morris curtains by Sanderson for £4, I now post again to tell you about his latest bargain. A full-length Canadian leather coat, with detachable fleece lining, looks brand new, for £12.

Same shop as he got the curtains from.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • Swampmonster
    Swampmonster Posts: 585 Forumite
    Options
    Got some cushions for my sofa from the hospice shop for two pounds each but on getting them home they are a bit flat. Where's the cheapest place to get new cushion pads? Thanks
  • sheilavw
    sheilavw Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    poundland usually have cushion pads in
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts