Frump to Fab 2017 - A Whole New World

Options

Comments

• chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    time to change I have sugar free cordial as well.

Dd265 although I really like the dress, I'm happy with my decision not to buy it. Even with the discount it's £70 and I paid full price for the dress I have, so it's a lot of money for two similar dresses. I'm eyeing up other stuff which I'd rather get instead!!!!
    Good for you on your courses. I think it's so important to keep body and mind active. Even if you don't like the courses, as least you've tried something new and put yourself out there.
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    i really don'-t like cordial at all but i drink a lot of fruit tea.

i fell off the looking great wagon. My hair is looking a bit lank and im in need of a real pamper. I have been eating better and drimking caffine free tea.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Another one here who isn't keen on cordial, an occasional lime maybe, but I do like fizzy water especially with a slice of lemon to 'brighten' it up, this way I can manage my 2 litres a day.

It seems like I have had a slight case of rosacea come on, for the last few months have had a couple of little red spots on my nose which refuse to disappear, thinking back this seems to have coincided with the onslaught of the menopause and hot flushes :( I will look to book an appointment with a dermatologist in the near future but am 99% sure that it's rosacea.
    So, have been re-thinking my skin routine, no abrasive exfoliating, nothing with too much alcohol etc and certainly more products to suit sensitive skin. Sun protection is another biggie.
    All this has to be tied up with a natural a product as possible and definitely no animal testing so think need to do some research, thank heavens for google!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    LaineyT wrote: »
    So, have been re-thinking my skin routine, no abrasive exfoliating, nothing with too much alcohol etc and certainly more products to suit sensitive skin.

I know I took this the wrong way but it made me smile!:)

:money:Martin would be very proud of you chanie. Good reasoning too if you have other things you've got your eye on.

I don't like sweet squash (or any sweet drinks really) which is why I'm happy with the grapefruit High Juice.

It's my birthday today. DD has been round for coffee and with lovely Clarins gifts so I won't need to buy perfume for a while. DH and I are going to the cinema this afternoon and then for something to eat so no cooking for me today. Then on Wednesday we're off to Prague which is by way of a birthday treat.

We're flying for the first time with hand luggage only so I've been thinking carefully about toiletries and make up. DD bought me a mini shampoo and conditioner and a handbag sized perfume in with the larger one but I think I'll be cutting into DH's allowance too!:rotfl:
  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy Birthday Maman enjoy your trip away.
  • Tiggger
    Tiggger Posts: 116 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy Birthday Maman, enjoy your special day.

Re travelling on hand luggage and toiletries: I find that Clarins Consultants will often give you a sample of moisturiser/ cleanser which is enough for a few days. I also decant my shampoo/conditioner into the hotel sample size bottles as even the mini, travel size tubes take up a lot of room in my clear plastic bag, this works well if you only have to do a couple of hair washes. I have also taken two shampoos and one conditioner for a week!

Enjoy Prague, lovely places to visit - we managed to visit the Presidential Palace when we were there - it has the poshest Ladies loo I've ever used, and amazing chandeliers. But as my husband pointed out the 'Ladies' have to be fit for Queens and Presidents!
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,057 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Happy Birthday Maman:bdaycake:

Had a Spring clean of my wardrobe on Friday which was quite therapeutic :)

Not much else happening on the 'fabbing' front this weekend - might try & find time to paint my nails this evening.

Have a good week everyone ;)
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    maman happy birthday. I hope you had a lovely day and enjoy Prague next week.
  • indiepanda
    indiepanda Posts: 994 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    It's my birthday today. DD has been round for coffee and with lovely Clarins gifts so I won't need to buy perfume for a while. DH and I are going to the cinema this afternoon and then for something to eat so no cooking for me today. Then on Wednesday we're off to Prague which is by way of a birthday treat.

Happy birthday Maman, hope you enjoy all your birthday treats.

I have had a great weekend, dinner with a friend I haven't seen for many years on Friday which was long overdue. Started with a hair appointment on Saturday morning and my hair dresser who has known me for 9.5 years said he has never seen me looking so good - nice start to the day! Then lunch with a friend and out for drinks in the evening - although I just had mineral water again. Still enjoyed the dancing and seeing my friends. Didn't stay will the end so was home by midnight. Been at a Ceroc workshop again today - such fun. Got to do a bit of freestyle with the teacher which was brilliant - so much better when you are led by someone who knows what they are doing. Booked for my next one in late April and will do classes in between.

Did a bit of clothes shopping - a top in Oasis which has got some shiny panels that are rose gold-ish (size 14, v. happy) some lovely teal coloured trousers in M&S - slim fit so went for the 16s, although my 16 jeans are getting a bit loose, a red belt strap in Elliot Rhodes and a couple of gold fancy buckles and got my old belts resized as they were getting loose again. Also a pair of very cute rose gold brogues in Dune. If I am going to wear sensible flats to look after my arthritic feet they might as well be shiny ones.

Have a fab week all xx
  • Pinkpetal
    Pinkpetal Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    I tried posting this as my own thread but haven't had a reply. I know it's not fab related but I'm feeling really low now does anyone think I should do the tests earlier?
    Hello
    Can someone give me there opinion on my dilemma please. I have a chronic condition and I am due to see my consultant on April 5th. I need to have a blood test a few days before this appointment so the consultant can see my recent levels.
    In the last few months I have developed symptoms which my GP thinks is linked to my chronic condition and has asked for a lot of blood tests and a few xrays. Although I am grateful for the tests he has asked me to wait until the 1st April because of the financial year. In the mean time I am in considerable pain and have read that some of the blood tests I will have only give a positive result when inflammation is active. What happens if it has settled down by April ? The suspected condition comes and goes and when active is called a flare up. I have the forms in hand for these tests. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure