Update! Santander First Home Saver Account: 5% on up to 50k savings (up to 35 only)

Options

Comments

• amictus
    amictus Posts: 301 Forumite
    Options
    asdfg12345 wrote: »
    i asked via secure message and have been told that as it will become an instant access account it will become available to add to your online accounts after mid november

That would be handy. I don't have any other accounts with Santander but I assume I'd be able to create a new online banking account for this one?

I was planning to transfer about £3000 into this when the 5% rate expires next week as I understand there is will no longer be a monthly deposit limit... that's right isn't it?!
  • Skorpion
    Options
    Hi All,

Im aware someone asked this before but for clarity do you still have to pay anything further on a monthly basis to recieve the 3% interest?

Thanks in advance.
  • fp04
    fp04 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all,

I spoke to Santander the other day. They said that I could manage it online, and they've sent me the appropriate documents to set me up for online banking.

I'm going to transfer the full ISA allowance into the COventry 60 day notice ISA (3.25%), as it beats the 3% for Santander. Also setting up a HSBC regular saver at 4% (before tax)
  • antispam246
    Options
    I still haven't had any letters, notifications of changes to this account. Is the interest rate change applied to everyone at the same time, or are they doing it progressively based on account opening?

To person above, or anyone else, have you successfully added the account to your online banking, I'd like to this and will call Santander for the details. Did you have to go through any specific channels?

I have 2 x lloyds vantage accounts which I've been paying in 1k every month for the past 2 years, haven't used the accounts other than keeping them active, will I still have the 4% rate on each?
  • Nessie23
    Nessie23 Posts: 245 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I still haven't had any letters, notifications of changes to this account. Is the interest rate change applied to everyone at the same time, or are they doing it progressively based on account opening?

I think it is being applied to all the accounts at the same time on the 12th of November, they should have sent you a letter about a month ago.
    I have 2 x lloyds vantage accounts which I've been paying in 1k every month for the past 2 years, haven't used the accounts other than keeping them active, will I still have the 4% rate on each?
    I think you will get 3%, to get the 4% offer you needed to have had two direct debits set up by the 31 of October :(.
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    Skorpion wrote: »
    Hi All,

Im aware someone asked this before but for clarity do you still have to pay anything further on a monthly basis to recieve the 3% interest?

Thanks in advance.

Take a look at the very first bullet point on the letter they sent you:
    Santander wrote:
    You no longer need to pay in between £100 and £300 a month by standing order, to receive the full interest rate.
  • MrChips
    MrChips Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I contacted Santander by secure message to ask to get this account added to my online banking - they said it wouldn't be possible.

Basically on 12 November I want to transfer all but £1 to my ESaver (3.1% interest). Let me know how you get on...
    If I had a pound for every time I didn't play the lottery...
  • pazza2000
    Options
    I do not have any other Santander products, although I would appreciate if this could be available to access online. I am keen to transfer out a part amount, however not so keen on going into the branch to do so as per how long the process takes.
  • fp04
    fp04 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I have just logged onto Santander Online Banking for the first time. The First Home Saver is not there, so I will have to contact them to see if I can add it. WIll keep you updated!
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    fp04 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I have just logged onto Santander Online Banking for the first time. The First Home Saver is not there, so I will have to contact them to see if I can add it. WIll keep you updated!

The changes to the terms of the account do not take effect until tomorrow, so I certainly wouldn't expect to see anything different today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure