INTERNATIONAL LOTTO COMMISSION (scam)

Options

Comments

• trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    if you're stupid enough to fall for these scams then maybe you deserve to fall for these scams. it's darwinism at work - removing those who are that stupid for us so that people can populate without these idiots!

That may will the case, but many of the people who have fallen for this scam are elderly who were bought up in a less cynical age. So, if someone tells them they have won something, they believe them. They wouldn't even think they are being conned by these crooks.

This is the same group of people who are targeted by high-pressure salesmen selling over-priced adjustable beds, alarm systems and unnecessary building work. They know that these poor people will believe whatever they are being told.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Joyful
    Joyful Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am getting inundated with supposed wins from every lottery imaginable. What seems to be added to a lot now though is them asking you not to tell others until you have your money in your hand. LOL. Why do people keep falling for these scams? Especially if they ask you for money up front!:rolleyes:
    Self Employed, Running my Dream Jobs
  • alessev
    alessev Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    I got one of this winning letters this morning and i am fumming.
    It is obvious that is the scam, but annoying part is that they got my name and address.
    So, where actualy from...maybe so many lost confidential files from the government, may make us rich in the end.
    Wonder what actualy could be done, as it is very annoying..
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I got an email yesterday saying that I had won the "Oxford International Lottery" . They gave an address in Birmingham. When I checked on their supposed post-code it turned out to be for the Birmingham Hippodrome. Very appropriate for this bunch of clowns.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • hutje
    Options
    They are at it again!!!!!!!!
    According to the International Lotto Commission I have won:j 985,950.00 Euros :j, because my name was attached toa certain ticket number, etc, bla, bla, bla.

All I have to do is get in touch with the International Lotto Commission and claim my prize before the 14th of March 2008 :rotfl:.

Well I have never purchased a ticket or even heard of the International Lotto Commission:confused: . And onn their stationary it says they are based in Madrid, but the stamp mark on the envelope says Malaga. Also the letter from the 'International Lotto Commission' is cleary printed from a computer colour printer (bad quality) in some kitchen somewhere in Spain :T.

Oh, when I claim I should n't forget that I have to pay 10% of my winning fund to my claims agent after the funds get to me. All I have to do is to fill in the form and send by fax to my claims agent :T.

Isn't this illegal?? And if it is can't the police/Interpol do anything about this??
  • Mork
    Mork Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    How do these people get your name and address in the first place? It's a bit worrying to know that these scumbags are able to get your name and address so easily, that's the start of identify fraud right there!
    I want to send my letter to someone who can deal with these bar stewards, who can I contact?
  • justpaper
    justpaper Posts: 856 Forumite
    Options
    places like UK Info,. electoral roll data,.. u can buy access to it for 10£ a month, or u can just buy the software,. fits on 2 CDs so thats 2x 700MB ,.. not bad for every uk voters name and address,. aye < sarcastic remark

lol stop voting ;)
  • Catseyes777
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just to let you know this scam is back on - I received a letter last week from Intl. Lotto Commission based in Madrid, sent from Malaga. The only change I can see from my research on the internet is that they have changed their address (moved a couple of doors down the same road) and the claim agent is now Don Ivan Marina from Classic Security & Finance Company S.A. They are now 'only' asking for 5% transfer fee.

They are also showing a picture on the letter which looks like it has been taken from the National Lottery here in the UK (logo in background).

Just thought this may help someone.
  • Belnahua
    Belnahua Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I can beat the lot of you! Hands down!

I got a death threat, unless I paid several thousands of dollars to buy off the Nigerian hitman! The hitman was in the country and currently tracking me down, and I wouldn't know when it was going to happen!

The local police were useless - I know it's a scam, they know it's a scam - but I reported it to them, in case they wanted to carry an article in the local rag reassuring other not-so-clued-up people not to worry and not to send money! Especially as it was a nasty threatening scam, and could quite easily had some people boarding up their houses?

Apparently later I found out Essex Police carried a warning in their area, as they seemed worst affected with this email. Our police force - not interested.
    A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I don't think a Nigerian hitman could hit the side of a barn with a gatling gun anyway. After all, their government just loves piracy and corruption...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure