Monday 13th July - What small DFW things will you do today?

Options

Comments

• princess_pea
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

- LSD for me today as I needed to get parents a wedding anniversary card and a stamp
    - Cinema again tonight (already paid for with Cineworld card)
    - Dropping off things I didn't sell yesterday at the charity shop today
    - Load car tonight with things to go to the tip tomorrow
    - Arranged to go to my friend's house for dinner and a catch-up on Friday
    - Dinner from freezer stores - spag bol
    - Go to bank at lunchtime to pay in my profits from yesterday
    - Hoover and change bedding when I get home
    - Ongoing Monopoly game to continue with OH if we have time (we have a mutual love of board games!)
    - Await Tesco voucher for the credit I was due back from them after closing my phone and broadband account. Can't have the cold hard cash apparently as I had already cancelled the direct debit :( Still I don't mind it going on food with a voucher :)
    - FPL and surveys to do

Have a great day everyone :)
    DFD 7/3/2016
    Mortgage Free January 2048 June 2032
    Long-Term Savings Pot £8750
    DS welcomed 12/2/20 <3
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Hurrah finished :dance: Can now get dressed and get on with the rest of my day! x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Hope you are all ok :)
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • enjoyyourshoes
    enjoyyourshoes Posts: 1,093 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    princess_pea
    mine a million, exploration
    Debt is a symptom, solve the problem.
  • maria3104
    maria3104 Posts: 920 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi

Having my first break of the day. Never has a cup of tea so good.

A nsd here as well. Always a bonus
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Got a call at 4 offering me an interview for the application I submitted at 11!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Got a call at 4 offering
    me an interview for the application I submitted at 11!

That's awesome. Well done you!
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 July 2015 at 5:48PM
    Options
    Freebie:

:grinheart Tesco receipts currently have a link to a survey on the bottom of them for which you get 25 Clubcard points.

Survey opportunities:

:grinheart If anyone wants to do RoyalMail Surveys they are recruiting now, particularly from these postcodes below. (I don't benefit from telling you about this. This is not a referral.) To sign up go to
    https://rmpri.research-int.com
    Chipping Camden
    GL55
    Cobham
    KT11
    Corwen
    LL21
    Dartmouth
    TQ6
    Dulwich
    SE21
    Ferndale
    CF43
    Glasgow
    G15, G40
    Grantown-On-Spey
    PH19, PH21, PH22, PH23, PH24, PH25, PH26
    Haddington
    EH41
    Henley-In-Arden
    B95
    Herne Hill
    SE24
    Kirkcudbright
    DG6
    Langholm
    DG13
    Mount Pleasant
    EC3, EC4
    Petworth
    GU28
    South Kensington
    SW7
    Tetbury
    GL8, GL9
    Virginia Water
    GU20
    West Brompton
    SW10
    West Kensington
    W14
    West London
    W1
    Wharfedale
    BD23
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • enjoyyourshoes
    enjoyyourshoes Posts: 1,093 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got a call at 4 offering me an interview for the application I submitted at 11!
    great news
    sound efficient organisation so bodes well
    still waiting for result from 2nd interview !
    Debt is a symptom, solve the problem.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,118 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 13 July 2015 at 5:22PM
    Options
    Hello Frugal Friends,
    Mixed sort of day, but pretty good on money saving stuff. Kicked myself first thing for forgetting to turn washer on before bed last night, but as it's rained all day, I couldn't have dried the washing anyway. So here are today's frugal bits of stuff:
    *Changed bed linen, loaded it into washer & set timer (have defo remembered this time) for cheap wash tonight.
    *Did rubber chicken. It did a roast dinner last night. I've divvied up the remains for fajhitas tonight, I've made some stew & also have sufficient to make chicken madras on Weds. All gribbly bits into slow cooker for stock - some used for the stew plus 2 containers frozen.
    *Made loaf in bread machine.
    *Make cheesy lentil squares.
    *Baked marigold scones - some for guests tomorrow, some frozen.
    *Did triage of the fridge & found some sorry looking tomatoes. Turned them into salsa for serving with tonight's fajhitas & zizzed up the rest to use in the chicken madras as it will save me opening a tin,
    *Made up some tuna mayo for tomorrow's lunch - will put with our home grown cucumber - I always use Aldi's tinned tuna flakes for sandwich fillings/tuna melt jackets, etc, it's about 50p a tin & although it's little flakey bits, it is perfect for this. Some of the branded tuna is just silly money now.
    *Picked homegrown coriander & spring onions, also lettuce, for making a big salad later.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch & work snacks.
    *Wrapped birthday presents using paper, ribbon & gift bag from my recycled stash. Guests coming tomorrow will see the birthday girl in the next few weeks which I estimate will save me about £6 postage.
    *Got a cheque & some cash ready to pay in at bank tomorrow - have been transferring funds to cover the clothes I bought in Monsoon sale yesterday. Virtually nothing just 'goes on a card' any more, like it used to. I used to be so very irresponsible with money, but I now get really twitchy if I am not absolutely in control of the budget.
    *Entered 3 competitions.
    *Did a few surveys.
    *Hoovered ready for guests coming tomorrow. Saved energy (both the paid sort plus mine) by only doing the downstairs. There is no reason for anyone to be going upstairs, so it can wait till my proper cleaning day.
    *Picked a vase of flowers from our garden. Very cheery & free.
    OK, that's me. Hope everyone has had a good day.
    DNMS - Interesting about your plans possibly to go part time. I changed from full time to part time working because when the public sector cuts first hit, there were 4.5 of us (a very close team) & only 4 jobs. I'd been planning to go part time in 18 mths to 2 years time, but so we could all keep our jobs & not go to interview, mr f & I discussed me going part time earlier than planned. We had made quite good inroads into paying off our debts by then, but it hadn't all gone by any means. We discussed it endlessly, going round in circles as we both have a history of being bad with money. In the end, I did it.......& you are right about what you say about better quality of life. I didn't have a tiny to look after like you do, so you could well also save on childcare costs if you are at home part of the week. Our income didn't simply 'halve' because as a part time person, I paid less tax. Also, I had more time for old-style money saving pursuits such as shopping around, growing food, making gifts, cooking from scratch, preserving, making do & mending, etc. I also used less petrol. As the cuts bit yet deeper & my contempt for the current senior management grew to a level I would have found difficult to control, I opted for full voluntary redundancy a couple of years later, something I wouldn't have had the courage to do, had I not gone down to part time hours first. So, my two penn'orth for what it's worth, is that if it is the financial side of things which is concerning your partner, in our experience, it didn't feel anything like as draconian as we initially feared. It certainly proves the old adage that time is money, as having more time for my old-style pursuits must save us absolutely pounds. Good luck with the job hunting, anyway & best of luck with your decisions.
    f x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure