IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Dark Doings on Peppipoo?

Options
The_Deep
The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
edited 21 December 2014 at 1:41PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Yesterday I reposted on a couple of the CEL are taking me to court threads on PPP a comment on PP's latest blog from The the CEL at Whitby Co-Op Car park Facebook Protest Page, here it is

"A TV company has been in touch, wants to contact people who have an ongoing issue with CEL, either Currently in Court action or fielding Debt Collection mail. This is a chance to try to get even - they need exposing.

So if that's you, get in touch with Latisha:-

"I work for a TV production company called Century Films. We made the BBC Documentary series- Parking Mad. We're now making a parking series for ITV and I'd love to get in touch with you about our programme. If you were able to email me with your contact details so that I can contact you - I'd really appreciate it:

I hope to hear from you,

Shortly afterwards, I received two PMs from (text removed by MSE Forum Team) who is, apparently, the owner of PPP. The first was somewhat brusque, and the second less so, but the gist was that there was some mucky business afoot, and would I please not repost (text removed by MSE Forum Team) request.

As I had watched "Parking Mad" and did not understand I tried to pm Gan but his inbox was full, (why do people do that, it is so rude).

This post was promptly shunted into the Flame Pit and some pip-squeak moderator called Southpaw rebuked me, for what I do not know. What is going on? I thought that PPP anf PP were joined at the hip, why does PPP not welcome BBC involvement?

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.

Comments

• bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sod the season of goodwill, it seems this is the season of paranoia and conspiracy theories.

People keep their inboxes full because they get fed up with being told they've got a PM every time they open or refresh a page. If someone declined to answer their telephone (having no idea who is calling) would that be rude? How is that any different to not wanting random strangers sending you PM's? If you wanted to communicate privately with a poster you could just post to that effect on the open forum and ask them to contact you. If they decline to do so, well, tough: no-one owes you a response.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 December 2014 at 1:42PM
    Options
    (Text removed by MSE Forum Team)

Southpaw is one of the moderators of the Private Parking sub-forum.

Parking-Prankster and Pepipoo are not joined at the hip, in fact if you post something with his website link in it, they will substitute the text with [commercial link removed].

I have no idea why they think there is a problem with the programme that Century Films are planning to make for ITV.

I had a chat on Friday with the assistant producer, and they are planning a programme similar to Parking Mad, which will be observational rather than campaigning. They have already interviewed (text removed by MSE Forum Team), and will be featuring his case in the programme, as the decision will have been handed down by the time it is broadcast.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • The_Deep
    edited 21 December 2014 at 1:42PM
    Options
    bazster wrote: »
    Sod the season of goodwill, it seems this is the season of paranoia and conspiracy theories.

People keep their inboxes full because... If someone declined to answer their telephone ... would that be rude? ... no-one owes you a response.

You have missed the point Mr B, not usually like you.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team) sent me a pm, I was unable to reply by pm because his inbox was full. In my book that is undoubtedly rude.

If someone declines to answer a telephone call it is not rude, but your analogy is false, (again, not one of your usual failings)

Do try to keep up.
  • The_Deep
    edited 21 December 2014 at 1:43PM
    Options
    I have no idea why they think there is a problem with the programme that Century Films are planning to make for ITV.

Neither have I but he has not had the courtesy to explain to me why he thinks I should refrain from mentioning it on PPP. And why did Pipsqueak Southpaw lead me to believe that (text removed by MSE Forum Team) owned the site?

You seem to be in support of Century Films, is (text removed by MSE Forum Team) perhaps producing a rival programme, and wants to sabotage the competition?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 21 December 2014 at 9:08PM
    Options
    They have already interviewed (text removed by MSE Forum Team), and will be featuring his case in the programme, as the decision will have been handed down by the time it is broadcast.
    Wow what is all this about hushing up anything about Mr B?!! They are stopping us mentioning a relevant court case, no doubt PE have sent a solicitors' letter to them? What is this rubbish: 'text removed by forum team'!

This makes me laugh sooo much because it is patently obvious that a certain PPC about to face their come-uppance at the Court of Appeal, are sh1tting themselves!

Hilarious. Be careful what you wish for, BPA!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Quite odd removing the name, especially as it appears in almost every draft POPLA appeal posted here. There must have been hundreds of instances!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • hoohoo
    hoohoo Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    Would be quite handy if the forum team could post up some guidance. its all a bit mystifying
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Is this all this editing relating to the PE vs Beavis appeal?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep - consider that B-word deleted!

LOL! They really are scared of this case - sooo funny, especially as this was the BPA's masterplan all along, to force a case to higher Appeal!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    Options
    What is this rubbish: 'text removed by forum team'!

Indeed, someone seems bent on making a cake of themselves. This thread concerns CEL, it has nothing to do with PE

I have now received a pm from Southpaw. I may have maligned him, but he is partly to blame for a lack of precision in his pms. I realise that not everyone attended the Foreign Office School for Clarity in Communications, but his pm was confusing.

Anyway, water under the bridge. I withdraw the appellation "Pipsqueak".

I have to say that all of this censorship, subterfuge, cloak and dagger stuff, reminds me of my dealings with a certain Government Department, (whom I will not mention), but they dealt with far more important stuff than parking tickets.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure