Airport Parking why is Meet and Greet cheaper than Park and Ride?

Options
In the space of a few months, our trusted car park near Heathrow seems to have reorganised and become more expensive. But as I look around to see what else is out there, I'm finding that "Meet and Greet" parking seems to be frequently cheaper than "Park and Ride" parking ... even though it must need more people driving around.

Does anyone know why this is?

Any recommendations for a good park and ride car park serving London Heathrow terminal 3?

They seem to want around £100 for a week, last time we went abroad in the spring, 6 days parking and an overnight hotel didn't cost a great deal more than that. <puzzled>

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• antenna
    antenna Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Meet & Greet will "bulk park" your car nose to tail with other cars......or park in local streets or free car parks in the general area.......or use your car as a mini-cab while you are away.
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    antenna wrote: »
    Meet & Greet will "bulk park" your car nose to tail with other cars......or park in local streets or free car parks in the general area.......or use your car as a mini-cab while you are away.

Unless you use the airport one where they gtee not to take you car offsite
  • Crater
    Crater Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks both. Upshot: I got a booking £20 less at one of the places I tried before, via MSE's airport parking recommendations ... well worth looking at. Bit annoyed that the place where I'd been a regular for years and "signed up" to their account and all - still won't offer a good price directly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure