IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Received CCJ Parking Eye - sent to the wrong address

Options

Comments

• steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    deflepps wrote: »
    Thank you responding.

"I note the address of the CCJ is recorded against my previous address which I found perplexing as I notified Parking Eye that my address changed via email"

What ever else happens

If you have evidence that you told them of the change of address and they then issued the CCJ under the old address, don't forget to have them under the Data Protection Act - Information shall be accurate and up to date
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • deflepps
    deflepps Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    steve1500 wrote: »
    What ever else happens

If you have evidence that you told them of the change of address and they then issued the CCJ under the old address, don't forget to have them under the Data Protection Act - Information shall be accurate and up to date

Thank you, very much appreciated.
  • deflepps
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I have received a response, to which it has been agreed to set aside the judgement.

However, I have received a Tomlin order to sign and return.

Is that the correct agreement to have a CCJ set aside which has already been issued and passed the 28 days etc.? Please see below extract from the letter:

"Please see the attached Tomlin Order and schedule. If you agree with the same, please sign and return this to us. We will then countersign the document and file it at Court for consideration by a Judge."
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    https://www.stepchange.org/debt-info/debt-collection/tomlin-order.aspx

Read the terms on that order - is it making you liable to pay ParkingEye in order to get the set aside?

Do you agree to that, and how much are they demanding, to consent?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • deflepps
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    https://www.stepchange.org/debt-info/debt-collection/tomlin-order.aspx

Read the terms on that order - is it making you liable to pay ParkingEye in order to get the set aside?

Do you agree to that, and how much are they demanding, to consent?

Thanks for the above and apologies for the delay.

I have agreed to the order of £100 to get this set aside. I just need this to be finalised now and move on.

Thank you.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    deflepps wrote: »

I have agreed to the order of £100 to get this set aside. I just need this to be finalised now and move on.

Thank you.
    Where did the order for £100 come from - presumably the CCJ on your record was an order in excess of £100??

Have PE accepted £100 off you to agree to a set aside and won't pursue you any more?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Where did the order for £100 come from - presumably the CCJ on your record was an order in excess of £100??

Have PE accepted £100 off you to agree to a set aside and won't pursue you any more?

IIRC a set aside with consent costs £100 not the £255 one without consent costs. Thats probably the £100 referred to.
  • Quentin
    Options
    It's the tomlin order that's queering the pitch - are PE accepting £100??
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    No .. PE are accepting an uncontested set aside. The person requesting a set aside always has to pay (the court) ... the amount they pay depends on whether or not the original claimant contests the set aside.

(Is my understanding).
  • Quentin
    Options
    The OP's #36 refers to an "order" for £100 (not a £100 court fee), and #34 refers to a tomlin order, hence my query.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure