Used it
    Liked it
    Beautiful quilts as described
    Happy customer
  • simalien
    Options
    what a shame
    Delivery from £2.99*
    *Please note we do not currently ship to Northern Ireland, The Channel Islands & The Highlands and Islands

:mad:

You would imagine in this day and age that companies should not find it a problem to send items to other parts of the UK, doesnt Royal Mail deliver everywhere, not to mention the plethora of delivery companies like Yodel, Hermes, DHL, etc.:mad:
  • kracazol
    Options
    I have ordered some pillows and a mattress cover from Boston. As soon as i saw them i was disappointed, they just don't look or feel quality through the packaging. I came on MSE and read this forum which confirmed they probably are not very good quality.

My dilemma is should i open them so that i can see exactly how good or bad they are, they have stickers sealing them closed which say if i open them i cant return them. I read Martins guide of returning mail order items which does not list bedding in the list of items excluded from the 14 day return rule. Am i entitled to open them to inspect the quality or do i have to gamble?

Sounds a bit silly if they have struck a deal with a consumer rights group and then denied those consumers their rights!!!:rotfl:
  • Wednesday100
    Options
    In reply to the last post, I don't know the answer, but it might be worth calling the company on the customer service number that was included with the item paperwork. They were pretty efficient when I called them.

Although not happy that I did not think their duvet was fit for purpose, they did send me return packaging (arriving the next day) with a Freepost label attached to send it back. Now waiting to see if my refund goes as smoothly.
  • newleaf
    newleaf Posts: 3,132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    My 10.5 tog 'silk blend' Fogarty quilt came this morning; beautiful quality quilt for £20 - less than half what they cost in Dunelm. I'm very happy.
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
  • MoreDashThanCash
    MoreDashThanCash Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 17 March 2017 at 1:01PM
    Options
    I ordered the single wool duvet from this deal, thinking it was one hell of a bargain at £30, but apparently not. It's the mothercare "acclimatiser duvet" which was recently on sale for £17.50 and was only £30 full price. Unimpressed.

Yes, I bought two of these. I think the quality is good but their website is 'misleading' (possibly dishonest, but I reserve judgement until they reply to my email). They say the duvets are 10.5 tog, but they are Mothercare, and the Acclimatiser duvet (if that is indeed what they are) is only 4.0 tog.

That, coupled with Mothercare selling them for £17.50 recently (sold out now) leaves me feeling somewhat annoyed and 'ripped off'. Boston's 'comparison price' is £89.99! Highly suspect.

They say on the packaging that if they are opened, you can't get a refund unless the product is faulty, meaning you can't see which company the duvets have been made for so can't make a proper comparison until it's too late.

That's beside the point really, since you trust a company website to tell the truth (I do anyway, if seemingly endorsed by MSE).

Disappointing, since I trust MSE to give us good offers.
  • Wednesday100
    Wednesday100 Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 March 2017 at 12:48PM
    Options
    I sent BDPC a chasing e-mail last night to ask about the status of my return. To be fair to them, the e-mail was acknowledged first thing this morning and my order marked as refunded shortly afterwards. The lesson learnt for me is that it is hard to judge the quality and value for money of quilts and pillows sold online.
  • MoreDashThanCash
    Options
    Yes, I bought two of these. I think the quality is good but their website is 'misleading' (possibly dishonest, but I reserve judgement until they reply to my email). They say the duvets are 10.5 tog, but they are Mothercare, and the Acclimatiser duvet (if that is indeed what they are) is only 4.0 tog.

That, coupled with Mothercare selling them for £17.50 recently (sold out now) leaves me feeling somewhat annoyed and 'ripped off'. Boston's 'comparison price' is £89.99! Highly suspect.

They say on the packaging that if they are opened, you can't get a refund unless the product is faulty, meaning you can't see which company the duvets have been made for so can't make a proper comparison until it's too late.

That's beside the point really, since you trust a company website to tell the truth (I do anyway, if seemingly endorsed by MSE).

Disappointing, since I trust MSE to give us good offers.

No reply received from Boston Duvet Company. I shall be more wary of trusting MSE's 'special deals' in future.
  • mucky
    mucky Posts: 109 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know which duvets centre parts use currently please?
  • Eclipser
    Eclipser Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 April 2017 at 9:35AM
    Options
    Once again a blagged offer does not apply to Northern Ireland

Shame MSE thought you are better than this!
    MSE_Sarah wrote: »
    Hey forumites

We've blagged a deal at the Boston Duvet & Pillow Company, that gets you an extra 25% off already discounted posh bedding. Check out the deal here - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/boston-duvet-and-pillow-company#boston25

We'd love to know if you have any feedback:

- Did you like it?
    - Have you used it?
    - Did you have any issues?

Thanks for your help!

MSE Sarah
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income